Thread: Any Wisdom on best car cover to use in heavy snow & sun?

Any Wisdom on best car cover to use in heavy snow & sun?

I have a concorse 1971 911S. I am prehaps taking to a snowy place in winter?

THANKYOU

FRANK

Keep it in the garage in that weather.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Denson's reply was short, but to the point.

You didn't say...but are you going to store it in the winter, or will you need to drive it? How cold a winter? And when you say snow, are we talking about a few inches from time to time that melts in three or four days, or are we talking about 4 to 5 feet and a 6-month deep freeze?

No stranger to snow and cold , years ago I had to keep daily drivers outdoors in the winter. Even covered outdoors, cars take a tremendous beating. And your car is pre-galvanized. I would do anything possible to try and keep it indoors...and in storage.
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

One would think that a concours quality car would know that a concourse is found only in architechture.

So, I'll answer the question with my opinon. Buy a 4 layer cover. Most of the car cover companies offer a 4 layer cover. The only disadvantage I can see is that they are bulky and hard to store.

Here's the page showing a Noah cover which a lot of people like:
    http://www.carcoverworld.com/lookup....tom_car_covers

Quote Originally Posted by fmg41@verizon.n View Post
    I have a concorse 1971 911S. I am prehaps taking to a snowy place in winter?

THANKYOU

FRANK
    I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com

Thumbs up

+1 on empire covers, I live in south texas where the cars get 'burn your skin hot'. I went with their sun cover and now the car is at least 60 degrees cooler. thank you