Thread: Les Paul, R.I.P.

Unhappy Les Paul, R.I.P.

THE man who changed music forever. 94 years young - he was playing 2 shows on Monday nights at the Iridium Club in NYC until just a few months ago.

I first heard this interview in '92 and it has stuck with me forever.
    Don
    912 Registry Charter Member #68

Flo - 69 912 Targa - Champagne Yellow
    Jack - 69 912 "R" Coupe - Terrorist Tangerine
    Bill (as in William "Refrigerator" Perry) - 97 E350 Powerstroke - White - (P-car puller deluxe)
    Kermit - 04 John Deere 4310 4WD - is there another color?
    Tony - 60 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop

RIP, a true icon.

A name that will live on forever...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Les Paul

Les Paul's talent influenced many. His name will live on. Come on...get them out of the case and give him his due.
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com

Come on Rick (66S) Put up!
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

The man was an innovator and a peach of a guy. I always wanted a Les Paul guitar. I couldn't play to save myself so the best I could ever do was a Gibson Melody Maker. Rest in peace Les.
    Here's one of my all-time favorite guitars (Les Paul Junior) in one of my all-time favorite photos
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

oops, that might actually BE a Melody Maker
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Les Paul

There are 2 things I seem to need to exist 1) 356 Porsche and 2) Les Paul Gibson. Ive owned about 20 Les's from 1952 to 1962. I still have a 57 goldtop[in picture] Every one has a distinct personality and sound. My freind Gary Zamory was the first real owner of the "Ace Frehley" 59 sunburst tigerstripe and playing that guitar was like being in guitar heaven, still have a tape of me playing it in 1969. Les started his career as a country singer/player "Rhubarb Red". He would sneak out after gigs to the jazz clubs to play his "real" music, but the country paid better. He made the world a better place, something we should all strive for. R.I.P. Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    There are 2 things I seem to need to exist 1) 356 Porsche and 2) Les Paul Gibson. Ive owned about 20 Les's from 1952 to 1962. I still have a 57 goldtop[in picture] Every one has a distinct personality and sound. My freind Gary Zamory was the first real owner of the "Ace Frehley" 59 sunburst tigerstripe and playing that guitar was like being in guitar heaven, still have a tape of me playing it in 1969. Les started his career as a country singer/player "Rhubarb Red". He would sneak out after gigs to the jazz clubs to play his "real" music, but the country paid better. He made the world a better place, something we should all strive for. R.I.P. Brother!
    Two of the best...cars & guitars. Art of the finest kind.......created by people with vision and passion.

PS: insane gold top
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com