Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1988 Club Sport in gulf blue

1988 Club Sport in gulf blue

Not mine.

http://www.excellence-mag.com/classi...CLUBSPORT.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    Wow, I know they are rare and gulf blue is rarer, but $60,000 for 107,000 miles?
    Yea, it is very over-priced. I've made a couple of attempts to buy this car.

Porsche actually made 340 of these cars. I did extensive research, and they usually trade for a $6-$10K premium to the standard Carrera.

[QUOTE=JTranfield;223904]If you look at sales records they have sold for a big premium for the last few years. A very low mile green one sold for 115k in 2007 at Canape on the west coast!

Having said that the high miles are an issue on this car. I would say its worth in the 35k-45k range if the condition is immaculate?

Quote Originally Posted by JTranfield View Post
    If you look at sales records they have sold for a big premium for the last few years. A very low mile green one sold for 115k in 2007 at Canape on the west coast!
    I did not see the results of the car that sold for $115K. I assume it must be a low-mile #1 car?

Quote Originally Posted by JTranfield View Post
    Having said that the high miles are an issue on this car. I would say its worth in the 35k-45k range if the condition is immaculate?
    You and I are of the same opinion.

IMO, I compare this car to the 964 RSA of 1992-1993. Neither car (although rare) has seen much support at prices over $50K.

JT, I couldn't help but notice that you spend a bit of your time in Atlanta. We have a group of Porsche guys that meet for lunch every month in the Atlanta area. A few are members of this site. If you have the time to waste two hours+ for lunch, our next lunch is in the middle of October at Food 101 (Roswell RD just south of I-285). I'll be glad to put you on the mailing list if you would like to talk about driving older Porsche cars in anger (we don't much talk about concour cars). Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers Mate,
    Doc

Driving old cars in anger....... good line
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Hey Juan,
    Are you going to Daytona? My next race is Sebring.

BTW, after driving an old car in anger :
    http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/photogal....ks/HSRP-7TC83G

I'm doing both Daytona and Sebring.

The overall spot for the Klub Sport Challenge is usually a heavily contested one. This year is between Keith Carroll and I. We are currently tied for overall honors so you bet I will be there.

Keith is a good mate and we both enjoy sharing the track with each other.

Thanks for the photo!
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo View Post
    This year is between Keith Carroll and I. We are currently tied for overall honors so you bet I will be there.
    I did notice the points after Lime Rock. Keith doesn't have a chance. It reminds me of Brer Rabitt getting Brer Fox to throw him in the Briar Patch (Daytona and Sebring). Those tracks are in your backyard, and you are always fast there.

Good luck. I think we'll have a few new Porsche guys spectating at Sebring.

BTW, how many of those Rolex hats and (cheap) bottles of HSR champaign do you have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Racer View Post
    I did not see the results of the car that sold for $115K. I assume it must be a low-mile #1 car?

You and I are of the same opinion.

IMO, I compare this car to the 964 RSA of 1992-1993. Neither car (although rare) has seen much support at prices over $50K.

JT, I couldn't help but notice that you spend a bit of your time in Atlanta. We have a group of Porsche guys that meet for lunch every month in the Atlanta area. A few are members of this site. If you have the time to waste two hours+ for lunch, our next lunch is in the middle of October at Food 101 (Roswell RD just south of I-285). I'll be glad to put you on the mailing list if you would like to talk about driving older Porsche cars in anger (we don't much talk about concour cars). Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers Mate,
    Doc
    Hi Doc,

PM sent, thanks for the invite.

Yes the Canepa one was a great car but still a crazy price, here is the link:

http://www.canepa.com/inventory/exotic/clubsport.html

I have a 68xx mile CS with air conditioning, that seems to be the magic option, it wasn't supposed to have it and two got it. Anyhow, I have been offered a little less than what the Canepa car supposedly sold for and didn't take it. I'm not sure if that was a good decision or not, along with the rest of the market I'm sure these have taken a hit, too. In the long term I think the serial numbers are still going to be winning lottery tickets, in 1987 and 1988 the cars were serialized, the North America 1988's being the low run, 21. 1989's were not serialized.

I never believed that Canepa got $115K for that green car, still don't.