Thread: Fuel Pump/pressure Question

Fuel Pump/pressure Question

I am considering purchase of a new fuel pump for my 2.7L 68 with weber carbs.

I found some Facet pumps available that look somewhat like the original type pump. The pumps are internally regulated and they have available a model rated at 2.75 - 4.0 PSI and 32 GPH and a model rated at 4.0 - 5.5 PSI and 36 GPH. My spec book tells me the fuel pressure should be about 3.5 to 4.

Which pump would be optimal. I would like to avoid a regulator and all that.

www.truechoice.com/products.asp?dept=1292

Thanks in advance.

Gary

fuel pumps

Good luck with that question Gary. I am a total rookie dealing with these cars, so I have searched and found some clues. These Facet pumps seem to me to be very close to what the original equipment would have been. For pre fuel injection models/years that is. Here are some links:

http://www.facet-purolator.com/index...d=14&Itemid=36

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hlight=cohline

Optimal Pump?...mmmm, I am going to try either a blue top or a silver top with an Italian regulator, per one of the last pics in the Pelican link. From reading here, Mr. Cramer seems to be a very wise man concerning these cars.

I WILL get a solid 900 rpm so I can tune my carbs. This is my mission!
    69 911 T #100176 Sportomatic
    Vanagons, 97 Jetta VR6, Misc junk...

Facet Pumps

The Malpassi regulator is OK and is available in several forms, with and without filters for example.

The Silver Top delivers enough fuel and can be changed so it only develops 2.5psi and then the regulator can be omitted.

For the past few years the Facet pumps have gained a reputation for being unreliable but they are quite often installed incorrectly and are placed horizontally instead of vertically.

The pumps are now manufactured in Scotland and quality does seem to have improved and the technical guys are very helpful.

I always buy them with a 2.5psi cut off and i will ask if I can buy the parts needed to change them if that would help.

Arent the Pierburgs supposed to be the best one to put on? I have a good original Bosch from my 70t but since the whole car is apart I want to use a brand new FP and Im thinking of selling the Bosch and going with a Pierburg. Not quite sure what is best to do.
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386

Fuel Pumps

I imagine that the Pierburgs are very good and reliable.

I have used a couple of Motorworks Universal Pumps (Model USEP8012S) on a couple of 911Ts with good results and reliable performance of at least 3 years since we started using them.

Not original but quite good value.

http://www.usmotorworks.com/Prod_ElectricFuelPump.php

Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

That says it is only for the early cars with Webers. Is it the same for the Zenith cars except you need to T the return?
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386