Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Toolkit SWB

FS Toolkit SWB

Missing your toolkit guys and girls,

Here is a very nice correct toolkit for a SWB, circa 1965-1968 Porsche 911. This kit contains excellent Klein screwdrivers, Drop Forged Wrenches and pliers with satin finish (these are like NOS so they look very shinny but they are not chromed). The bag is a nice ribbed bag. Also note the correct SWB spark plug wrench and correct, large tip Lug Wrench. Very hard to find or put together kit is $1,750 in U.S. and $1,775 outside of U.S. Please add 3% if using PayPal for fees. Please email directly to DrRSR@aol.com. Thanks.
    -Allen-

Alllen,

Both toolkits are great looking! That's a real nice very early (very rare) bag...

Good luck w/ the sale!

cheers,
    Eric

Allen,

I'd like the SWB bag. I'll PM you.

Alan

Allen, a very nice kit! Eric, what would a ribbed bag like Allen's go for these days?

Thanks!
    - Neil
    '67 911S (Ol' Ivory)
    '82 Hewlett Packard 34C
    Early 911S Registry # 512

Quote Originally Posted by Neil '67 911S View Post
    Allen, a very nice kit! Eric, what would a ribbed bag like Allen's go for these days?

Thanks!
    Neil,

I rarely see a price hike on toolkit bags based on fabric, for the early 911 bags it's mostly "condition" based. So, $50 to $100 seems to be the trading area for these that are actually selling.

re: early toolkits.

Eric,

My 67S toolkit has the burgandy Messko tire gauge with the light grey vinyl pouch that I feel should be in this kit too.

I think the kit looks very good but am surprised you forgot to mention the air gauge.

Congrats on all your car sales and on pending acquisitions.

Scooter

whoops

Oh oh,

I forgot about the Porsche script Phoenix fan belt too.

sorry Alan, but I hope it helps.

Scooter

And the Pudenz fuse pack.

Actually I was commenting more on "what was there", rather than what wasn't.

One comment on the tire guage... though we can agree that they are supposedly supposed to be in the kit. I've not found a single car yet that has had an ownership trail that can verify that one actually came with the kit in the car! All the cars I've bought over the years has never had a gauge in one yet. I've seen a picture of a 1965 car with a toolkit displayed showing the gauge in Christophorus, but that's the extent thus far.

I'm going to have to call an acquaintance I know to see if he can confirm if the tire gauge came in his 67S or 66 912 that he bought new.

cheers,
    Eric

tire guage.

Eric,

A few years ago I considered buying a original one owner 67 912 and it had the tire gauge in the kit. This woman even had the small glycerin bottle with the car. She and her husband bought the car new. He past away and she kept the 356 and sold the 912. It was bought by a friend of mine and ended up in someones private collection after he found something he would rather have then a preservation class quality car.

Cheers
    Scooter

p.s. most Pudenz packs I find in the glovebox.

I'm the second owner of Ol' Blue, a '67 912. Its toolkit has the maroon, dual scale Messko air gauge but no vinyl bag. The elastic band that held the glycerin bottle is on the door of the glove box but there wasn't any bottle when I bought the car from its owner in '84.
    - Neil
    '67 911S (Ol' Ivory)
    '82 Hewlett Packard 34C
    Early 911S Registry # 512