Thread: Obtaining ownership history

Obtaining ownership history

Andrea in Italy was enormously helpful in tracking my 73 rs history as it was an italian market car. Thanks Andrea! The rs was in Italy from 1973 and shipped to the U.S in 1985. I now have the entire Italian ownership history for the car. Very cool stuff!

I am now trying to track the cars U.S history including trying to locate the importation documentation.

Does anyone know the correct method I can use or person I can hire to obtain this information?

Thanks,

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Wolford bought the RS from a guy in Pittsburgh, can't remember his name, but DO remember his email: investwisely@aol.com

Happy hunting! I believe that he owned it for a white...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

If that email is a dead end, I believe this car was advertised in Pano for several months when he bought it. Stacy, do you rememeber what year Rob bought it? With that info you could look through old Panos to get contact info.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian, it would' been either late 2003 or early 2004. FYI - I almost bought this car before I found mine. I remember going back and forth with the guy and yes - it WAS advertised in Pano for (probably) 6-8 months. He was asking $89k which I thought was too much!

We were discussing a trade (with my original '69S as part of the deal) and then we just kinda both lost interest. Then Robb bought my '69S and traded it as partial payment for the RS. Then the guy returned it 'cause he didn't like it....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Thanks, Stacy and Brian. I looked at pelican posts and found two from Rob. June 2002 he states he received some information from a former owner, Richie Virden. Again in June 2002, he is now offering the car for sale for $159.000.

I sent an email off to the email address you offered Tracy. Thanks.. The search continues.
    John

RGruppe member 445

John, let us know if the email address is still active! If not, we can do some more sleuthing to find the guy.

Also, check your dates on the Pelican posts you reference: I bought my RS in July of 2003 - there's no way Robb had his in 2002.....
    If those Pelican dates ARE CORRECT, then Robb was talking about an RS he owned BEFORE this one - #493 I believe....definitely NOT referring to this car....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Hey, Stacy, you were correct. In error, I looked at the date Rob became a member of the Pelican site.

It was 9/16/03 for the post where Rob mentions Richie Virden and the 1994 Lake Placid parade. The other post dated 7/16/05 is where Rob was selling the car for $159,000.

I emailed Rob yesterday and should hear from him soon. I also hope to hear from the guy I emailed with the address you offered.

Thanks
    John

RGruppe member 445

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    He was asking $89k which I thought was too much!
    Your right, he was asking too much. Good thing you passed on this car as you absolutely 'stole' yours.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    Your right, he was asking too much. Good thing you passed on this car as you absolutely 'stole' yours.
    SSssshhhhhhh......!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333