Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me That Other Lover You Have?

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar

Show Me That Other Lover You Have?

I often wondered how many of us Porsche aficionados on the board have a love for that other non-Porsche car or truck? I realize that once you are a auto lover, you have an appreciation for cars that are not Porsche. My love for other cars are BMW, Chevy Camaro and classic trucks. I just recently picked up a 1968 short bed Chevy truck. It's the truck I will be using to pick up those Porsche panels, suspension, motors....a parts getter if you will. I had the bed and frame blasted this week. As you can see, I have lot's of work ahead of me with this resto project. I have already installed the create 350 ZZ4 engine. I would like to use a Porsche color as the final coat...but still have not decided? What is that other classic auto you love and baby at home?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations

Freddie, how timely...brand new as of last week...1958 Land Rover Series 2 88". It's a non-running project, but I always wanted one and the price was right.

This is a before shot of the engine and accompaning gonzo wiring job. When I got it, the left turn signals and one wiper worked. After 6 hours last night, everything but the one wiper works...I think it's a bad wiper motor.

The inside after days of cleaning. Did I mention it hasn't run in 10 years and sat outside under trees the whole time? There's something to be said for alloy body panels...not so much for un-galvanized steel frames.

It's going to be a fun project.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar
    Rich, I see you stuck to another SWB. That is great! A 2 series to boot. I believe 58 was the first year they got rid of those flat side panels. Is the engine have the original 2286cc four cylinder petrol engine?
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations

Lots of fun, pretty cheap compared to the Porsches, but even more rust prone !

With body work done, new wheels....

And now with fuel injection ! (night and day, wish I could do that to the 912)

Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Here's the new shop truck in progress.....
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Quote Originally Posted by FHernand View Post
    Rich, I see you stuck to another SWB. That is great! A 2 series to boot. I believe 58 was the first year they got rid of those flat side panels. Is the engine have the original 2286cc four cylinder petrol engine?
    Freddie, SWB baby! Yes, '58 was the first year for the Series 2 and it's the 2.25 petrol engine. The PO's daughter over-rev'd it and did some sort of unspecified damage. Last night I figured out why...the carb linkage was put together wrong and bound up at full throttle...PO's, gotta love 'em.

Greg, nice 2002! Back in the early 80's I had a roommate with a 2002 just like that...yours is much nicer though (our other roommate had a '69 912).
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Lambert View Post
    Freddie, how timely...brand new as of last week...1958 Land Rover Series 2 88". It's a non-running project, but I always wanted one and the price was right.
    Nice Rich - I used to have a 1965 109" SIIA three door that had a five door safari roof so the open windows were rollup canvas. It was running with a 2.25 petrol engine, overdrive, and individual wiper motors that worked! Anyway it was a great vehicle and I sold it when my first child was born. Seven years later I'm on the hunt again

Good luck with the project - they are super fun and easy trucks to work on.

Other cars

My 66 and 33 Ford 4-door

Ken

the mrs

If she didn't give me 2 thumbs up :
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Here are my current 2 non-Porsches - my '59 Giulietta Sprint in competition trim:

& my Caterham 7 :

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105