Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auf Wiederstein

Auf Wiederstein

As a few of you know I have been marketing my trusted friend of nearly 20 years now and today we parted company. I don't know the new owner, perhaps he is a member of the board, and I won't disclose the consideration, but I will certainly miss my S. I guess technically I'm not a true member any longer (a non-"S") owner but I do have my 67 Normale, which I'm building into a RGruppe special, and my trustworthy Little B Coupe and hope to continue to make some contributions to the Board and remain friends with fellow members. A moment of silence:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

No S

Bill,

Sorry to hear that you parted company with your S.

But hey, I cannot think of a purer expression of the 911 design ethos than a silver metallic SWB 67N. Pure.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

I've regretted every car I've ever sold. None more than this one
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob Abbott

Gosh Bill. That sucks. I'm really sorry but as far as I'm concerned, you're a member in the truest sense having had to part with such a beauty that has been yours for almost 20 years. I commiserate and know the feelings all too well.

The memories of your S will be special and you still have two REALLY nice cars.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Bill...Bill...Bill!

What?

There are so few around here and you let this one leave the state?
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Yes, it is a sad day to see a good one go. I always struggle with that. The only way to neutralize that feeling is to have another truck come which is leaving you your new car. How exciting is that feeling?

One of my favaorite car days is waiting in the garage for the truck to arrive !!
    Yes, the boxes with nos parts are in the garage waiting for her to show up so the work can commence. Oh, what fun that truly is
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Air-cooled to the end
    Commiserations Bill, looks like a peach and that is a long time to have enjoyed one car - must have been special. Looking forward to seeing how the '67 comes along.

O/T but I like the look of those little slicks on the pavement, any idea what they were off?

Ferdinand Magazine
    Porsche Valuations
    1976 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0: 'The Orange'

Those Slicks were off one of Dale Earnhart's NASCAR cars that was on the truck in front of mine. Also had a 993 and he was going to pick up a 39 Caddy Convertible. Interesting life for those intercity truckers. Husband / Wife team along with their toy terrior. 3 months on the road and one month off. Busy all the time. They have 30 rigs that are traveling all the time. He said they were all at Monterey last week. The most expensive car they hauled was a $19M Ferrari.
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

Air-cooled to the end
    Thanks for the info, Bill.

It sure is an interesting life. Big Rig car transport is something I always dreamed of doing when I was a kid. I imagined running a K100 Aerodyne and never looking back.

Ferdinand Magazine
    Porsche Valuations
    1976 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0: 'The Orange'

Hello Bill,
    I am the buyer and don't worry it will be in good hands. I have been a Porsche enthusiast for over 30 years and I have been looking for a car just like yours for some time. I can't wait to see it...Thanks!
    Christopher Guido
    Early 911S Registry # 249
    1966 911
    1967 911S
    1963 Carrera 2