Thread: Any interest in a trade? My 993 C4 for your 911T

Any interest in a trade? My 993 C4 for your 911T

I have a very well sorted '95 Carrera 4 and I'm feeling the pull of a longhood. I'm looking to trade (+/- cash) for a 73.5 CIS T.

The realistic market value for the 993 would be a low of $25k and a high of $30k considering its condition and mods. I would be strongly interested in a light ivory coupe, or other lighter (non-black) colors. My dream car would be as original as possible.

Let me know what you've got, and thanks! Clear title and I'm based in Princeton, NJ (an hour from Philly and NYC).

I've been following the 69-73 market for about 9 months and would think that a suitable heads-up trade would be for a similarly very well-sorted 73.5 that would pass a PPI with flying colors. Am I dreaming or short changing myself? I'm not looking for a project, but a very nice car I can enjoy today.

Thanks,
    Jason

1995 Porsche Carrera 4 (993)

Polar Silver/black 6 speed currently showing 106k miles on the odometer. Detailed service records, meticulously maintained with absolutely no "deferred maintenance."

All service records (including window sticker) are kept in a 3 ring binder.

Engine:

The 3.6 liter engine was rebuilt with upgraded phosphorous-bronze valve guides supplied by Steve Weiner of Rennsport Systems. The engine pulls incredibly strong and doesn't burn a drop of oil between 5,000 mile oil & filter changes. All gaskets are bone dry (my garage floor can attest to that).

While the engine was dropped to perform the top end, I had my independent replace the plug wires, intake gaskets and O-rings, head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, valve cover gaskets, timing chain gasket and seals and camshaft seals. In other words, all the "while your in there stuff" including a new sound deadening pad.

I also installed a Rennsport Systems chip, replaced the power steering belt and had the distributor rebuilt. I still have the factory chip. Belt pulley update installed.

I will only drive the car when I'm certain that the oil will get up to full operating temperature - no cold-start short trips for this car.

Transmission:

A lightweight flywheel/RS clutch with all associated parts was installed at 92,500 miles. The clutch/flywheel in conjunction with the Rennsport chip make the car incredibly responsive and fun to drive. Punch the gas and the car zooms.

The car shifts are ultra-smooth (even when cold), and the clutch effort is light. A new slave cylinder was installed to address the "hanging" clutch pedal issue.

Suspension/wheels:

Bilstein HD's with M030 springs and RS sways. Lowered, corner balanced and aligned. 17-inch 996 10-spoke wheels, all installed at 92,500 miles.

Tires are Sumitomo HTRZ III's with 3k miles on all 4 tires.

I also have a set of 17-inch cup wheels with Nokian winter tires (I never put them on the car since I have a bad weather car). The Nokians have conservatively 75% treadlife left. From the look of the undercarriage it was never driven in salty conditions (it was a North Carolina car for the first 10 years of its life).

Body:

The previous owner slipped on some ice and dented the passenger door against a tree branch. Rather than have a car that was half painted, he opted to go to the expense of having the entire car resprayed. I have all records and pic of the damage, which was very light. Brandywine Coachworks did the respray and did an excellent job. The fresh paint was the reason I bought the car - it shines.

While the car was in for the paintjob, the PO installed a C2S split grill (I have an original spoiler as well currently on the car), deleted the "basket handle" 3rd brake light (there is a third brake light mounted to the interior, not noticeable from the inside of the car, but the led's do a good job of warning tailgators that you're braking).

The car also has a euro front bumper, turbo S ducts, clear markers, silver hood crest, HID headlights + new lenses and a repaired the door check strap.

I had a professional install 3M Clearbra up the entire hood (so no visible line), along the bumpers, side mirrors, etc...

Carnewal's front protection bar has kept the chin scrape-free. "Wide Oval" exhaust tips (aftermarket).

Interior:

In excellent condition. Very minor bolster wear (especially for 100k miles).

I had a pro shop install a Becker TrafficPro Nav radio (oem Porsche) with an iPod cable. The system is pre-wired for SiriusXM Satellite radio.

996 leather steering wheel + leather airbag. I installed a new shifter and I have a dark rootwood shifter as well.

All electrical functions work perfectly and the air conditioning blows ice cold (recharged 10k miles ago).

Other:

The wheel wells have been thoroughly degreased, cleaned and detailed.
    I have all books/records and a detailed spreadsheet listing everything done to the car since new.

The factory recall for the wiring harness was completed.

Issues:

1. The interior sunroof panel a little off level. The sunroof operates perfectly.
    2. Original windshield with minor pitting typical of German factory glass. No cracks, stars or chips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    95 C4 / Guards Red...(Sold)
    2005 997 Carrera Arctic Silver/Black...(Sold)
    95 C4 / Polar Silver...(Sold)
    10 Cayman S / Atlas Grey