Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acknowledgement for a good deed.

Acknowledgement for a good deed.

A little over a month ago I came across a listing on Craigslist for some old Panoramas. Being a sponge for information (and LOVING the classifieds) I snapped them up. The price was low and the owner really just wanted them to go to a fellow enthusiast instead of being tossed in the garbage. I took a nice Saturday drive a few hours (with traffic) north and picked them up.

In a way I scored a few unanticipated bonuses in the box. There was a 356 Tech Specs book an one for 911's '69-'71. Excited about my find I posted a picture here in the General Info forum hoping for some insight into whether these booklets were useful and/or valuable. Turns out they are a pretty cool and convenient thing to have.

Since I don't have a 356 and had no intention of keeping that book, it was recommended that I head over to the 356 Registry to find out if there was a value to it. So I joined the forum there and posted about the book. I was told that most changed hands for around $50, but a recent eBay auction had seen a nice one sell for over $100. This was great news since I had only paid $25 for the box of magazines and was planning on keeping the 911 Spec Book anyway.

Well, here comes the cool part. Jim Breazeale at EASY Parts chimed in to the thread I had started. He mentioned that these books used to be a dime a dozen, and he was surprised that prices had skyrocketed so much. As a matter of fact, he had several 911 books from that period laying around, and if I was willing to give my 356 book to a worthy forum member, he would send me a 69-71 and a 73-73 Tech Specs book!

I was so struck by his offer that it actually still makes me smile thinking about it. I shipped the 356 book out to a really nice gent who contacted me named Alex. Alex was extremely grateful, and said that he had dealt with Jim in the past and that's just the way he is. He made sure to thank him and acknowledge his good deed.

So yesterday I get home and there's a package waiting for me. UPS Ground from California (I'm in NY). Inside is the 69-71 book, a 72-73 book, a 74-77 book, a 78-83 book, and a 928 Tech Spec book, all nicely tucked inside a new EASY coffee cup! Holy cow. I actually got a little choked up for a second. Jim did not have to make the offer he did, he did not have to follow up so quickly, and he did not have to be so generous. Never having met the man, I'd just like everyone here to know what a nice thing he did.

So Jim if you're reading this I'm paying this good deed forward. If anyone needs a 69-71 Tech Specs book (since Jim's is a duplicate of the one I have) it's yours. Just be the first to email me and I'll get it right out to you no charge for postage or for the book. I'm keeping the coffee mug because it's now ascended to 'favorite' status and will be used daily for my morning dose of caffeine.

Cheers!
    -Mike
    (mdileo) @ (thepocketsolution) (.com)

We have a winner. The 69-71 Spec Book is going to a new home.

Cheers,
    -Mike

As a member of the 356 registry for many years, I can personally attest to Jim's kindness and honest sense of fair play. If you've never dealt with him, I highly recommend that you contact him for your second-hard early 911 parts needs. He owns EASY (European Auto Salvage Yard) and I guarantee that you will not be ripped of. He's a pleasure to chat with on the phone. Although we've never met, I take great pride in considering him "my friend."

Jim Breazeale (Pronounced Brazil)
    EASY
    4060 Harlan, St
    Emeryville, CA. 94608
    (510) 653-5734

Give him my regards,
    - Neil
    '67 911S (Ol' Ivory)
    '82 Hewlett Packard 34C
    Early 911S Registry # 512

If it weren't for Jim, I could not afford my 911.

Jim is the most stand up guy you will find in the early Porsche community.

Photo I took for ESSES interview article by John Gray.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Air-cooled to the end
    I love that pic - says it all.

Ferdinand Magazine
    Porsche Valuations
    1976 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0: 'The Orange'

Quote Originally Posted by johndglynn View Post
    I love that pic - says it all.
    More often than not, you can find Jim sitting 180 degrees opposite from that photo, head dow and feet up, kicking the rear window of a 356 out of the car, in one piece. It's impressive ! I've seen it done ;-)

+1 for Jim and EASY, impressive collection of parts, super nice guy, great prices, bottomless pit of information...
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Scope Creep Poster Child
    I've purchased parts from Jim, and have always been very pleased. I ordered (good used) M, S, and X gearsets from him. He quoted me a very reasonable price. When they showed up, the S, as best I could tell, was NOS!
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

I saw that thread on Pelican and it made me want to give small things to people who need them, 2 so far."Im feeling those good vibrations" Thanks, Jim

I haven't had reason to use EASY in a long time, but my interactions were always favorable. It's nice to create some karma in the Porsche community. I am the beneficiary of Mike's kindness, and even if I wasn't, I think it's great he is propagating Jim's kindnesses. It's one thing to admire a trait in another, it's another thin to actually emulate it. This is a great community, and I'm pretty happy to be a part of it.
    Early S Reg #1809

My Easy Story

I picked up a 912 from Seattle about 2 months ago. During my Bonzai run back to LA I ran into some trouble with the starter. I got to the 5 and the turn off to SF and it was no longer functioning in this 41 year old relic. I needed to stop by Easy to drop off 4 rotors that Bernie Bushin had rebuilt for me while BB was getting my car ready for this run. I pulled into Easy, and Jim & John were there working the shop. I explained to Jim my starter dilema. He and John had my car in the air in 10 minutes and a rebuilt starter ready to install. We push started the car and I drove it around the corner to Eason Porsche. Jim and left there, went around another corner to a sublime warehouse. He said c'mon Curt, and we proceeded inside. Turns out we're going into Fantasy Junction Motors. WOW ! Lots of real cool cars to check out. Jim was in talking to the owner and I was just taking a trip back into time looking at this smorgesboard of great cars. 1 hour later...we drove back to Eason Porsche, I picked up the old 912, and I was back on the road with a rebuilt starter, 2 quarts of fresh oil and and 1 gallon of water for the driver.

Thanks to Jim & John ( Easy ), and Bill ( Eason). It was one of those Porsche moments that really make you smile.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L