What is the possibility of getting a members only section, at the very least for membership issues. I figured a thread, titled as such, will shine some light on the other questions I raise below, so forgive the ambiguity of my thought process.

Questions that I have and would like to see actioned/responded to/debated are the following type of items;

Members List
Club Budget - what is budget? (1000 members, or 700 members, times x $35 or $45?). How is it spent?
Needs of club? What does it need in terms of revenue? skillsets? Tasks that could be performed? Help etc?
Contacts for Officers? Coverage for officers in case they need some time off, or become overloaded with work.

Website Issues? How to improve speed? How to share burden of technical tasks/moderation etc? Adding capabilities such as photo resizing and ability to upload larger pics and let software manage size issues

Magazine Issues? Are there areas that need more help than others? Is too much of a burden falling on some people (probably yes, in regards to all areas of the club, and not just the magazine)

Future Development? Issues previously raised such as non-profit status? Development of the site in regards to technical excellence, with the site hosting more sections on the history of models, the parts used, the mods made so that the site will be the de-facto knowledge source for all issues related to the early 911's.

Members only areas? How to encourage membership while not initiating pay-to-play type areas? Keeping things as open and fluid without restricting too much of what is good and has worked.

Chuck ... yourself, Mike, John, Bob, and many others do trojan work behind the scenes, and this in no way is meant to detract from that. I just wanted to open up as many issues as possible for debate, and if some of these issues are pertinent only to members, perhaps a Members section, for discussion of said issues. It does not necessarily need to be private, or anything.
That is why I posted this in Membership area, as opposed to General Info, or other such areas.

Hopefully others will chime in with ideas. I saw the slow server thread, and the offer of semjon to host the site, and thought that perhaps collectively we can achieve some "quickwins". Not all suggestions will work, or will be as helpful as initially thought, or will inspire collective agreement, but hopefully they will stimulate an honest thought process.

Karl.