Foolishly I thought no one would want this rusted out 911 I bought. I figured the best use for it would be become an organ donor, and allow it's parts to be used by other Porsche that would actually see the road again.

That was before I learned that it was one of 500 911L made for the US in 1968. So I apologize to the knowledgeable for implying that I would coldheartedly cut it to ribbons for a profit. Yes, profit its the motivator, But only for the good on my 87 911 that needs a 3.2L.

So I ask those in the know to give me an honest opinion of the value of what I have. Armed with that value, I'll likely ask for less than what its worth to sell it quick (Or trade for a 3.2L engine!)

I might still coldheartedly cut it to ribbons, unless I can sell it whole for enough to cover my costs and get closer to putting my 87 back together.

What it is:
"barn fresh" (I hate that term). This was "garage fresh" and still is. I haven't even given it a bath yet, or cleaned out the interior. 5 plus years of dust and 100K miles of hardship living in NY, Michigan and Wisconsin have done no favors to this chassis.

VERY rusty.
Front suspension A arm mounts were dangling touching nothing ( I rigged up mounts to hold them still so it could roll)
Driver's long nearly non existent. Passenger side has gaping holes.
Front fenders were removed long ago to be replaced. I have all the hardware except for the fenders themselves, and the bumper.

What's good? Engine rotates by hand, feels like it has compression.
Ran when parked, but mice had lived in the glovebox, so I'm scared to put a battery in and try an electric crank.
Rear vented rotors, highly desired calipers
Front calipers are the non S (3.0 inch spacing)
All the glass is good.
Most of the chrome is decent, not concourse but it'll shine up.

Interior is mostly original and complete.
Not the elephant interior.
one big crack in the dash pad.
Original radio
original glove box lid
Carpet was removed before the mice set in, and is in good shape.

Knowing that it has most all of the pieces, and that most of the pieces can be re-built or restored, but that the Chassis needs REAL professional help.

What's it worth as is right now?

Thanks,
Richard in Kansas City.

Pics here:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...02#post4896202