Thread: FS. 1968 L Tangerine

FS. 1968 L Tangerine

Well I have been sitting on this little project for some time, and considering the latest purchase this little car should go. What it is :

1968 911L
    Paint Code - 97 6809

SN - 11810021
    Engine Type 901.00 9216 Stamp
    Engine Serial - 3080003

This car is not running however I did fire it up using an external gas tank. Fresh oil has leaked out. A few pieces are missing however it is fairly complete.

The good :
    Color, Engine and trans . Matching.
    Body is intact, minimal rust in the fenders and doors, Surface rust in many places.

The bad -
    Rust underneath in many spots. The worst area is the engine lid latch crossmember, It has rusted out badly. Door striker plates and rockers are actually pretty solid. Needs plenty of work. I cannot bring myself to part this car. It is pretty neat. However it is a huge undertaking for repair.

The car is on steel wheels, as the wheels that were on it were used for another project , that is why I purchased the car.

This car was found in a barn in MN last year. IT would be an excellent project for anyone looking to restore a rare car. The original steering wheel was done away with long ago had a very ugly racemark wheel on it currently. No seats, they were used on another project.

Dash face and door panels with the elephant hide is in pretty nice shape. This is a full restoration / rustoration car and is not for everyone. I had planned on tackling it however a new project has crossed my path and instead of parting it I would rather have someone else restore this car.

If I could get 4500$ for it I would be happy,

I will email pictures on request. Too large to post and I am having computer issues at the moment.

JW

This car should be saved, it is probably one of the very few True 68L in this color. The original paint is showing in many places. Sadly it was repainted poorly in red some time ago. The red is peeling everywhere and the car looks terrible!! But it is worth saving!! Someone please save this car!
    72T Coupe - hotrod.
    72S "Tangie"
    73S Poop Brown
    69T Irish Green
    69S Secret Project
    S Registry Dues Paying member #1438

Maybe post a pic or two here?