Thread: Nedd Help With Weber Jetting

Nedd Help With Weber Jetting

I have a freshly rebuilt 2.4S motor with 2.2S Pistons and Cylinders. The compression ratio is right around 10:1. I have a set of Weber 40IDT carb's that came off of a 911T.
    They need to be re-jetted. The car is in Munich Germany and the sea level here is around 1400 ft. Can anyone tell me what the proper set-up and jetting would be based upon this information, or at least direct me to where I could find out?
    Thanks

2.4S w/ 2.2 S pistons-Jetting

I can give you a starting point. Unfortunately you are not going to find what you need in a book since its not stock, you will just have to work with it until its right.
    Since you have the 2.2 S piston setup in a 2.4 you raised the compression slightly (and I hope your engine builder relieved the corners of the pistons on the case side, they will touch the case near the piston squirters since the skirts are longer in the 2.2 than the 2.4!). You also have changed from MFI to carbs which is not a big deal, but I love that engine with MFI.
    From dyno notes on a similar engine, which is one of my favorite combinations by the way, you will love it, I used 175M, 150A and a 36mm venturi with the longer F24 emulsion tubes (40IDA3C). This is assuming a really good crank fired ignition system with racing fuel so might be a bit rich for a street use car. We started with 135M, 180A and 34mm venturis to give you an idea of a range to work in. The float and pickup area was modified too, with a sump to keep the fuel near the pickup and the hole lengthened to the bottom of the bowl. That shouldn't affect you unless you do a track event or something.
    Give that a try, I think you'll like it. Best of luck,
    Cole
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration
    911, 912, 911R, RS, RSR, IROC