Thread: Thanks David Loop European Service

deluxeco

Thanks David Loop European Service

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I want to post a big thank you to David Loop European in Monterey, CA for going way, way above and beyond to help out with an emergency front caliper rebuild last Saturday (front rotors turned in about 2 hours too!). I was at a 2 day (Friday and Sunday) DE event at Laguna Seca organized by Monterey and Loma Prieta PCA chapters and CoastalDriving.org and a front caliper seal failed late in the day on Friday. Without tools or parts, I figured my weekend was done and I'd have to give up on driving the track on Sunday.

I asked around, and the organizers referred me to David Loop European, just a few miles from the track. I called David about 4:30 pm on Friday, he promptly returned my call and we set an appointment for Saturday. On Saturday he spent about 4.5 hours with me and my car, new brake pads all around, rebuilt calipers and turned front rotors as well as a few other items he noticed underneath. As I gathered from our conversation that day, he's an avid 356 and early 911 guy, porsche racer, driving instructor and attentive mechanic.

Sunday turned out to be a fantastic day. About 100 miles of Laguna Seca in five 30 minute sessions with only 8-10 cars on track at a time. The CoastalDriving.org events are well managed and welcoming and the instructors are experienced and enthusiastic. All in all, the weekend was a vivid example of what a great community exists in the various gatherings of porsche enthusiasm.

So, much thanks to David Loop European, Monterey and Loma Prieta PCA and CoastalDriving.org for a truly outstanding weekend.

Ian
    Ian Smith
    ES # 1523
    Skateboards
    Bicycles
    Motorcycles
    Truck
    Carrera

Couple of years back I had a similar experience with David Loop.
    A rear tire wore thru an oil line at a Laguna POC event, oiling the track and leaving me stranded. My car was towed to him and left on his doorstep with a note. When I called the next morning, he was just finishing up the repair.
    First class service I'd say.
    Say Ian, you're really getting around these days!
    jhtaylor
    santa barbara
    74 911 coupe. 2.7 redone by Competition Engineering; ported to 36mm, shuffle-pinned, boat-tailed, Elgin mod-S cams, J&E 9.5's, PMO's.
    73 Targa (much beloved, sold and off to a fine new home in San Francisco)

deluxeco
    Jim,

Getting around? Maybe a little... Hope this doesn't come across as anything other than pure, unfettered enthusiasm, but as a relative newbie to track days, all I can say is everyone NEEDS to drive Laguna Seca at least a few times.....

On track with us was a GT3 Cup car with some lucky soul practicing for an upcoming race. Jaw droppingly fast, passing us mere mortals and just gone from view in the blink of an eye. Simply stunning, visually, aurally, everything.
    Ian Smith
    ES # 1523
    Skateboards
    Bicycles
    Motorcycles
    Truck
    Carrera