Thread: need someone who have a pedal assembly on hand

need someone who have a pedal assembly on hand

Hi,

I'm rebuilding my pedal assembly ; the end of the main shaft was worn by the clutch pedal ; I had it replace, but now I'm trying to put everything together and it looks too long ! Unfortunetly I don't have the old shaft anymore to compare...

Does someone can tell me the overall lenght of this shaft (approx 1/2" diameter) that go all across the width of the pedal assembly?

Tell me the lenght of the shaft itself if you have it dismentled. Or the overall lenght with the small lever if your unit is all together.

THANKS !!!!!!!!

JD

You may be missing one of the spacers. Do you have a copy of PET? There is an online version but it's slow tp load and tedious to use.

The Pelican article shows a diagram:
    http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...al_cluster.htm

need someone who have a pedal assembly on

What year car are you working on
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi,
    My car is a 72 ; I have a parts manual and I'm not able to see what going wrong... Here are photos, you can see that the shaft seem to be too long or I'm missing a spacer or something else !!

Thanks again for your help !
    JD
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Theres a plastic or nylon spacer that goes onto the shaft before you slide it in.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

That's the most beautiful cluster I've ever seen.

Spacer.

I just found this on Pelican, it's from a 76 ; I see the plastic spacer, was it the same for pre 73 ? Does the spring for clutch stretch over this spacer (The is no spring in the later cluster ?)

It's amazing what bead blast, powder coat and zinc plating can do !

JD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It really doesn't matter. If the shaft is too long, you need a spacer to fill the gap. Lots of companies like McMaster Carr sell drilled stock. It's not so easy to order one small part like that. That is the reason I keep a box of all kinds of odd pieces so I can make what I need.

Look around in the kitchen, you may find a Nylon gizmo that you can drill. I see a part in PET that fits the description: 911 423 219 00 I bet Stoddard has that. Not shown in Pelican catalog, but that doesn't mean they can't get it.

Most decent hardware stores (I know Sears Hardware does) has a selection of nylon washers that will work beautifully. Nice cluster by the way. Mine looked just like that before I put it back in. It is amazing what a little work will do.
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386

OK ; thanks for your help ! one more time !

JD