Thread: Are these switches for dual fuel pumps or dual ignition?

Are these switches for dual fuel pumps or dual ignition?

Got this '69S up and running today after an almost 10 year sleep. I'm not too familiar with this duel fuel pump set up, but it almost appears factory. And it looks like the car sported dual CDI boxes and dual plug ignition at some point (the lone Bosch box currently installed was fried so I put a Permatune in as a temp.). Are these two pull down switches in the dash for the dual ignition, or the fuel pumps? Also, there is a cool switch that sits down between the seats to actuate a pretty neat cold start system. Thanks for any help or insight.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Twin Plug Ignition Switches

JP

Those switches are for the upper and lower circuits of a twin plug ignition system. Nice.

Is there a pedestal to mount twin coils out back?
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Do you have a picture of the "cold start" (???) box between the seats.

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

I used one of these on a car that David Kympton restored (Björn Waldegård) rally car .
    It was a button on the shifter coupling access. You pushed it a couple of times to "squirt" fuel. Cold natured bugger. I'm guessing it was an arrangement similar to the 911R horn button (or that's what it felt like).

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Here is a photo of the back of the engine compartment. You can see the black pedestal on the right w/ the three threaded posts. Also note the silver metal firewall where the sound matt goes and the raw fiberglass racing engine tin (someone painted the rough fiberglass engine shroud red).

I will get a photo of the cold start switch and post it. It looks like a fail safe switch for missile ignition

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    What is the engine type and serial number of the engine.It looks like it was modified at somepoint,does have a 10K tach.And can you post pictures of the other side of the front dash and the date codes of the intruments-tach and speedo.

Raj
    Hey Raj,

The engine is a generic 7R case w/ '72 prod date. While looking up inside today w/ a flashlight w/ the oil plug console removed it appears to have some awful shinny connecting rods. Maybe their polished, but could be titanium? The crank looks to be knife edged too. I am posting a photo. Hope you can see and decipher.

The tach is dated 9/72 (# on face of gauge is 901 741 302 06)and the speedo is 5/73 (# on face of gauge is 911 641 506 00).

The car was originally an Irish green Euro delivery car but I have a supplemental maintenance log book with the first date of service 1-13-69 at Kline Volkswagen Porsche in Indianapolis, IN. The service signature is a Jim Farmer. I called Bob Farmer at Farmer's Automotive and Jim is his brother. Bob didn't remember the car, but did offer that Kline had a white 2 liter race car back in the day. This car is now completely white. There is no undercoating or sound deadening and I only found green when I took some sand paper and lightly went to the black of the dash. Bob also told me the 2 liter race car ended up going to North Carolina. A Thomas Waldo Schnuck owned the car in Indianapolis moved to Charlotte, NC (I left a message on what I think is his answering machine, but have not heard anything back) and this is where the PO purchased the car from and took it down to Florida in the early 90's. PO was told it was sent back overseas at some point and hill climbed/raced.

Please check out the rear seat buckets and the torsion tube. Looks like the torsion tube had some re-enforcement welded in or simply a repair by cutting out and re welding a section of the seat bottoms? What's with that?

Also note the driver's side front metal fender does not have a filler door. Never has. You lift the front trunk to fill 'er up.

forgot the photos of the cold start switch and the dash. There was no radio until the PO installed the Blaupunkt w/ the stalk mounted equalizer back in the day. The dash top is a 2 piece thing, kind of like a '68, w/ some crappy vinyl covering.

Are these switches for dual fuel pumps or dual

IS that an air conditioning opening down in the passenger foot well?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Kline Porsche

That 2.0 liter early car you were talking about I have a picture of somewhere. It was not a regular production car. It's in mint restored condition here in the states. Chris H. of the R Gruppe knows all about it. He gave me the picture.

Here's another use for that switch.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111