Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Martini RSR engine build

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 911scfanatic View Post
    This is the most amazing thread I've ever read. Ever.
    Unbelievable.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Thanks so much for the comments guys, really do appreciate it! We're on the home run now but we've decided to just tweek the injection pump
    one more time so will do one more dyno run before the engine goes in the car. Will keep you posted.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Mike
    I spoke with an important italian tuner about your engine.

The comment has been very clear: " NR.1 . Non more words are necessary".

Compliment.
    Andrea
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Hi Andrea, please say Grazie Mille for me!
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664

Well it's taken a while, but at last after all the dyno testing the engine and gearbox are together!

Should be going into the car in the next couple of weeks, can't wait.

cheers, Mike
    Member#1664

Mike, Really an awesome project! As I read through the thread, I see you had the MFI pump worked at Koller und Schwimmer in Nuremburg. I was stationed in Wurezurg in 2001-2006 and took my 013 S pump to them. Herr Sattleburger allowed me to stay the day and watch/assist in rebuilding my pump. That is the utopia for MFI pump re-building.
    Vr,
    Scott
    Name:  MFI Rebuild 009.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  122.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bavaria911 View Post
    Koller und Schwimmer, the utopia for MFI pump re-building.
    Hi Scott, sadly not quite the utopia you describe! Mr Sattleburger did indeed rebuild my pump, but put the wrong lever arm on it.

He decided it needed a slide throttle lever arm when he knew it was for high butterflies, and when we got it back and pointed out
    his mistake he went to great lengths to show that the arm he put on was was butterflies, it was only after we provided original
    pictures of the differences between the two arms that he eventually agreed and put the correct on one!

After all that when we eventually got the pump on the engine dyno, where you really see what's going on, we discovered that at
    the very top end it wasn't performing as consistently as we would have hoped for, so we took the decision to have it taken apart
    and checked over again by an independent expert, we found the very expensive new space cam that Koller had put in had been
    very crudely re-profiled and wasn't working properly at all.

The pump has been rebuilt again elsewhere and now works fine.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664

what a gorgeous piece of metal.

a Masterpiece.

Mike, which gears have you selected for your gearbox?

ciao
    Andrea
    Last edited by andrea70; 02-10-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Yea, been there done that. That's why I have Mark Jung do my pumps now. I have a picture of a modified space cam that you wouldn't believe was done by anything other than a monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Moore View Post
    Hi Scott, sadly not quite the utopia you describe! Mr Sattleburger did indeed rebuild my pump, but put the wrong lever arm on it.

He decided it needed a slide throttle lever arm when he knew it was for high butterflies, and when we got it back and pointed out
    his mistake he went to great lengths to show that the arm he put on was was butterflies, it was only after we provided original
    pictures of the differences between the two arms that he eventually agreed and put the correct on one!

After all that when we eventually got the pump on the engine dyno, where you really see what's going on, we discovered that at
    the very top end it wasn't performing as consistently as we would have hoped for, so we took the decision to have it taken apart
    and checked over again by an independent expert, we found the very expensive new space cam that Koller had put in had been
    very crudely re-profiled and wasn't working properly at all.

The pump has been rebuilt again elsewhere and now works fine.
    72S, 72T now ST

Last shot of the engine front on with it's latest additions, into the car next!

cheers, Mike
    Member#1664