Thread: Wiring harnesses for TTG fog lights.

Wiring harnesses for TTG fog lights.

There seems to be 4 wiring harness the factory used to wire up the TTG fog lights.

The part number are:

1) 911-612-073-00 harness with relay holder to fuse panel.
    2) 911-612-026-00 harness for switch.
    3) 911-612-027-00 unknown wire
    4) 911-612-027-01 ground wire.

I have called several places and have been advised these items are NLA. I called YNZ Harnesses and they advised they can make them if they have an original to copy or if they had "plans". Bummer

So, at this point does anyone have these fore sale, or do you know where I can find plans (pet) or can I borrow originals, have them made and pay you a fee for this. YNZ advised that if I find the orginals, they will make them up as an on-line product for others to purchase. So, if I can get them the originals, we coul be doing a very good thing for all our early 911 friends.

Thanks for the help

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

I'm in the same boat but I'm thinking we can just wire it up without the original harness since they are NLA. The only tricky part is where to mount the relay. Let me ask a couple of friends how they went about installing them.

Update: Unless you want to be absolutely original you can just wire it up with out a harness. I'm going to tackle this soon but keep us posted on your install.

Hi,

I know it is slightly different but in case it helps some one here are some pics of original wiring for TTG driving lights. These were taken on a RHD car that was worked on a few years ago. I still have all these parts in storage.

relay position

HTH

Alan

Two down and two to go. Stoddard was able to order from Germany item numbers, 911-612-026-00 and 911-612-027-01.

The main item I must find is 911-612-073-00 which is the harness which holds the relays and goes to the fuse panel.
    John

RGruppe member 445

Alan:

Very helpful. Thank you for going through the trouble of doing this for me.
    John

RGruppe member 445

John, Try this fellow...http://www.autosportnortheast.com/ he has a barn FULL of used Porsche parts. maybe John Fusco can fill you in,(I forgot his handle) he lives nearby
    Ron

1973.5 911T
    1974 BMW R90/6
    1986 Carrera, Plan "B"
    1987 BMW K100RS Motorsport
    2004 BMW X3 6 speed manual transmisson

Thanks, Ron. I will call today. I will let you know how I make out.
    John

RGruppe member 445