Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Der Fall Klassik - CT/MA - TriStaters - NorEasterners - 6+7 Nov 2009

Der Fall Klassik - CT/MA - TriStaters - NorEasterners - 6+7 Nov 2009

We (Jim Lonsdale, Paul Ripley, Jim Garfield, + myself) are organizing a run in NE CT .... Southern Mass perhaps taking in Quabbin Reservoir

Looking to organize an overnight to north east CT and Southern Mass.
    Meet up with some of the Boston crowd, the RI crowd, CT people NJ NY etc.
    It gets in a lot of people in a 3 hour radius.
    We expect about 20 cars.
    Weather is forecasted to be sunny and dry ;-)
    Date : 6th+7th Nov
    Timeframe : Depart Friday evening & Return Saturday , ie overnight in local motel or such. People can choose to not overnight if they wish and join us there. Looking to stay close to Hartford area.
    Event : Do roads there in countryside such as Rt's 32, 97, 169, 171 in CT. We could stop at the Sharpe Hill Winery which is in that area or head north to Quabbin Reservoir in Mass.

The idea is to meet up for dinner on Friday evening.
    Hotel where I am booked is Holiday Inn Express, in Vernon CT. (346 Kelly Rd, Vernon Rockville, CT 06066) http://www.ichotelsgroup.com
    Non-refundable rate of $94.95 +12% tax. More flexible rate is $99.95 +12% tax.

For Friday arrivals, we meet Jim Lonsdale at 7h30pm in the lobby of the Holiday Inn Express. Then over to Little Mark's BBQ ( http://www.littlemarksbbq.com/locations.html ) which is a minute or 2 away.

Saturday morning, from 7h30 am onward, we will meet at Vernon Diner, which is located at 452 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon CT.
    It's about 2 minutes from the hotel. http://www.vernondiner.com/directions.htm
    We will have Saturday morning breakfast, then start our tour at 9h00 AM.
    Driving instructions and directions will be provided at the diner, before we leave.
    A tour around the fabulous back roads in the area. Lunch options will be in Sturbridge MA, (Soup to Nuts - a refurbished mill, 559 Main St, Fiskdale, MA‎ - (508) 347-9771‎) and then perhaps a trip to Quabbin reservoir. There is also a car show in Thompson CT that afternoon. If people cannot make it for dinner the night before, they can meet us for breakfast if they get an early start. If they do not get the early start, they can meet us for lunch.
    Its not so far distance wise for the TriStaters. Its not too far for Mass and RI people.
    For CT people, they have no excuse whatsoever

We are working on putting together detailed maps and routes for everyone, so that this will be a fall Klassik to remember.
    Let me know your thoughts ...

Karl.

List so far - i can edit as need be:
    Jim Lonsdale
    Karl O'Donoghue
    Lewis + Judy Eig
    Ron + Stacy Schaefer
    Mark Morrissey
    Paul Ripley
    Jim Garfield
    Eric Wittenberg (strong possibility;-)
    Tim G
    Shaun B
    Joe G
    Joe T
    Jan Z
    Neil (novadia)
    Chris G
    Pete Zaborowsky
    Friend of Pete Z.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

I'm in, Judy too, probably.

Lewis
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

old softie67S

I'm bummed

This is in my backyard and I am away on business that weekend. I have lived in New England my entire life and Pomfret is as preety as anywhere in the region. The foliage is past peak but it should be a lot of fun.

Tom
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

More DFK Details

Here's some details and link to the Thompson Event. This is an all automotive swap and show that is annual event. Mostly hot rods but you never know what ends up at the swap. I'm looking for a Mk1 2600RS Capri

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/sche...lea-market.htm

We're working on hotels for Friday night that will be right near the start point. More soon. The route will cover about 70-90 miles (depending if you want to take the winery jog).
    Jim Lonsdale
    Member #80
    60 356 Coupe (First Car $400!)
    61 356 Coupe (Gone)
    62 356 Cabriolet (Gone)
    69 911 S
    70 914-6 (Gone)
    70 911S (Gone)

This looks great guys! I've stirred up some interest from some of the "Breakfast Club" Boys. Mostly they are excited about actually having breakfast on a run - go figure.
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

Hotel Options

For those coming from out of town there are three hotel options. These are priced from $80/night. Of the three, the Holiday Express is the newest and has a decent Italian restaurant right next door and there is also a local bar across the street. The Comfort Inn has a great NY-style Deli next store, another restaurant with Japanese / Sushi Bar out the front door, and a short walk to the Vernon Diner for those who want breakfast. The Quality would be my third pick.

Suggest the out of towners discuss and pick a site. Looks like there are rooms available but you may want to move out due to this being the leaf season.

Holiday Inn Express
    Kelly Road, Vernon
    http://www.hiexpress.com/vernonct

Quality Inn
    Rt 83, Vernon
    http://http://www.qualityinnvernon.com/hotel/ct017

Comfort Inn
    Rt 30, Vernon
    http://www.comfortinnvernon.com/

We'll coordinate the dinner and breakfast locations once we hear back as to how many are coming and where you are staying.

Looking forward to seeing the crew again! Email or PM with any questions.
    Jim Lonsdale
    Member #80
    60 356 Coupe (First Car $400!)
    61 356 Coupe (Gone)
    62 356 Cabriolet (Gone)
    69 911 S
    70 914-6 (Gone)
    70 911S (Gone)

Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I can make this. Sounds like fun.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Strong possibility!
    Eric W.
    72 911T euro 3.2 T-Rally tribute
    73 CS30 original survivor
    56 Healey 100M
    70 Giulia 1300Ti 2liter
    Tour Auto 04/05
    Colorado Grand 03/04/05/07/08/11/17/18
    RG # 650

Great Eric, hopefully you can make it.
    I sent out an email to 87 members (NY NJ CT NH VT PA MA RI) that I culled from Fred Trueman's registry list of January 2009. 24 came back with dead email addresses
    I got a few responses from people that i had not seen posting on the site, which is good to hear from them. One guy was way up in the middle of Maine, almost 5hrs from Boston, and would love to come but could not make it. Another has his wife going in for achilles surgery, so they are out of action. Nice to hear back from the community; even if people cannot make the event, they are aware that we try to do things. Heck, we may have to go up to Maine, next time
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Good Idea Karl, But...

Karl:

This is a great idea, Karl.
    However, many of us in CT are likely attending the CVR PCA's Region 50th Anniversary Gala on Friday, November 6.

http://www.cvrpca.org/50th/gala-new.pdf

Post your plans for Saturday in the event the gala ends early!

DS
    66 911