Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Pair of Sport Recaros, Mint, Houndstooth, Tilting Bases

FS: Pair of Sport Recaros, Mint, Houndstooth, Tilting Bases

OK, so a friend of mine posted these on the denver craigslist, and i was lucky enough to see them very early on and contact him, as he did not realize what he had. Some of you may have seen them 3 days ago. He never thought to call me first (he's a vw guys has a killer 23 window) he's had them in storage for about 20 years. I'm helping him sell them. He was badgered by flippers and some got downright rude.

Anyhow, he brought them over to me last night and I shot a bunch of pics. I'll forward the kodak gallery to anyone that pm's me a address.

Here's what I believe these to be, 2 early sport recaro's in original unrestored/recovered condition, and they are mint. The houndstooth fabric could use a steam, but other than a couple very minor flaws these are nice enought to clean up and bolt in any car and be proud of. They are missing the headrests. And one of the tilt bases has some funky welds that are not pretty.

They have the made in germany silver stickers on the back, and the clearish/white rivets on the back of the bolsters. They are soft, and hole and tear free. They do need a steam. I'll be happy to discuss all details and share the detailed pics with interested partys.

He is asking $5,500 plus shipping for the pair.

Contact me at mikeferg75@hotmail.com or pm for pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More pics, sticker and rivets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interested. Sent you an email.
    Alan

Wow - from $500 to over $5,000!!! I hope that he is giving you a percentage of the sale. By the way I was first in line to purchase these and was told by the VW guy that he received multiple offers of $750 and asked me to either match it or get lost...amazing.

That certainly does not sound like Loren, but I do know he was quickly overwhelmed, according to him, and by looking at his orig add, I sent my first email less than one hour after he posted, and called him the next morining. By that time, he had people calling him on the way with cash that he had to tell them to not bother, some did not take the news to well and got cross with him on the phone. I think anyone of you guys would have done as I did for a buddy.

Anyhow, he's a really good guy and a true enthusiest. He and I are quite alike, both young guys, with young familys and "almost finished" cars that we can only do a little at a time due to $ and family.

Sounds like your buddy Loren, owes you a beer or seven.
    Good for you. Seats are still available if any of the previously enthusiastic buyers wants to follow through, I presume. Alls well that ends well.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

they look pretty nice for $500 I will take them.

thanks
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Still available, happy to answer any questions, and send out the pics.

Call with honest offers

Ferg.

Bump and price reduction to 4,900 OBO.

Ferg