Thread: Battery Tender Recommendation

Battery Tender Recommendation

I need a little help here. I bought a car several months ago that has an optima battery that has a plug in adapter (male end). Can someone identify a battery tender that has a plug in adapter?

Thank you.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

member #1515
    I have a Schumaker that came with clips and a plug type. I attached the plug to my optima and plug it to the tender, very convenient.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Deltran makes a bunch of these. http://www.batterytender.com/
    The Shumacher is a good one too. NAPA sells them as do most discount stores like Walmart.

If the car has any sort of drain on it for a computer, clock, etc. the small ones don't ever seem to catch up or at least that's been my experience.

On a motorcycle (especially the ancient ones like I have) there are no such issues and they will bring the batteries up fast and hold them. Batteries last a long time when they are maintained.

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

+3 for the Deltran battery tender - I have one each of the "plus" size on my Targa and my Tractor, and a JR model on the coupe due to it having a small Odyssey PC680 battery. The Targa has a PC925. FYI - it is lighter then the Optima and seem to hold up better (I went through 2 Optima in 3 years). I relocated the battery to the smugglers box in the coupe.The 925 is also the right size to fit the LWB (69) battery box The tractor battery is the same size as a SWB and it is always ready when I need it during the winter.
    Don
    912 Registry Charter Member #68

Flo - 69 912 Targa - Champagne Yellow
    Jack - 69 912 "R" Coupe - Terrorist Tangerine
    Bill (as in William "Refrigerator" Perry) - 97 E350 Powerstroke - White - (P-car puller deluxe)
    Kermit - 04 John Deere 4310 4WD - is there another color?
    Tony - 60 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop

Battery Tender

Thanks for the feedback. I plan on securing one over the weekend.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)