Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RSR Sway Bars

RSR Sway Bars

Tarett Engineering has come up with a sway bar assembly that comes pretty close to duplicating what was used on the 73 RSRs. Here is a link to show what it looks like, and pricing. Ira at Tarett makes high quality sway bars, and these should fill a need for those of us who like to use period looking hardware.

Gib

http://www.tarett.com/items/911-seri...914-detail.htm
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Those look nice. Nothing red on them!
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

I think Ira is planning to use what he calls a 'silver' anodizing on the blocks/collars, drop links, and most likely the lever arms. This is what he used on the parts he supplied for my Kremer ST, and they look more like a medium grey color.

I used my own custom built lever arms which were powder coated. The collars in the rear will now be grey and not bright as shown on my car.

Gib

PS: I have no affiliation with Tarett.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Hats off

A round of applause for letsrollbabe - he made it happen!
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Are these bars too much for a street car?
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Scott:

They function just like the standard Tarett sway bar assembly as the levers are approximately the same length. Uses the same hollow bar and blocks/collars. The drop links are different, but that doesn't affect how they function. They look pretty cool when you see them hanging down from under an early car.

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Gib-
    I gather that they are a 22mm bar, which might be a little bigger than I would otherwise choose. Do you think that on the softest setting I might get something appropriate for a narow bodied car driven aggressively on the street in an area with less than perfect pavement? My alternate choice might be Smart Racing Products 20mm bars, but these look more correct.

By the way, great car you have!
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Scott:

Tarett states that their bars are the same stiffness as solid 22 mm bars, so they would be more aggressive than a stock 15 or 16 mm bar. The softest lever hole might be slightly longer (6.5" vs 6") than the factory bar lever which will soften the difference somewhat for the rear. On the front, the Porsche stock lever is approx. 4.75", so these levers (at softest setting) would tend to offset the difference in stiffness even more between a 15 or 19 mm bar and the 22 mm Tarett bar.

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Thanks, Gib. Time for me to do some math.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Drop link connect!

Will the droplink connect to the control arm or the spring plate?