Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911R color/paint code white

911R color/paint code white

Can somebody help me with the correct color/paint code (white) for the 911R? I am under the distinct impression that it is not 131 (light ivory) when I look at all the photo material available - the photo's seem much more white than that..

It cannot be GP White as that did not exist untill 1973. So what is it ? What was Porsche's racing color white ?

Thanks for your help!
    Dick

Lightbulb

Dick,
    As far as I know it was indeed 'Light Ivory'

Hope this helps....

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Light ivory doesn't really come through in photos-- the "creaminess" gets lost. But it is in fact there-- my car is the same color as the Larousse car. . . (about the only thing it has in common. . . )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

One interesting thing is that they did not get paint badges.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Cof A

MY 911R was light ivory and confirmed by the c of a ;my african safari ST is also light ivory also confirmed by c of a

Dick - as John points out, Light Ivory is one of those colours that often doesn't show up correctly on computer screens.

You also have to remember that these cars are over 40 years old & most (all ?) have been repainted at least once during that time &, in my experience, many people don't achieve the correct shade when they repaint a car in Light Ivory.

Here's a Facory document which states that the first of the 4 911R prototypes was painted in Light Ivory (document courtesy of Andrew Horsell who owns R#3) :

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Quote Originally Posted by v-8 View Post
    Can somebody help me with the correct color/paint code (white) for the 911R? I am under the distinct impression that it is not 131 (light ivory) when I look at all the photo material available - the photo's seem much more white than that..

It cannot be GP White as that did not exist untill 1973. So what is it ? What was Porsche's racing color white ?

Thanks for your help!
    Dick
    Dick

The color code for 11899011 is 6804B hellelfenb, same for 11899019

Richard

Thanks all for your comments - Andy, I did have a copy of that document as well. Do you think the hellelfenbein applies to the production cars as well ?

Porsche racing painted most of the racing cars, 911 and other, 'white' in those days. Was that color hellelfenbein as well ?

Maybe I should have phrased my question otherwise : should I stick to hellelfenbein for my R project or pick a brighter color white (not GP white though) ? I had my painter prepare a small test strip and seemed pretty 'yellow' to me...

I'm near with my project in the same question !!!

Because never see any 911 R in live !! Only in pics in magazines and the computers, have the L80E maked and have fear for make the painting of all parts of the car and when have finished not have the correct color !!

sure is the light ivory colored L80E of the 911 R?

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    One interesting thing is that they did not get paint badges.
    saving weight