Thread: Price check/trade: 67 extended hub leather wrapped steering wheel

Anthony West #1079

Price check/trade: 67 extended hub leather wrapped steering wheel

I have a very nice, I would say unrestored extended hub, leather wrapped (original) steering wheel, date stamped 67 out of a 911S.

Pretty rare I expect given the original extended hup setup, original leather wrapping and very nice condition.

I would be interested in swapping it for another non-extended hup leather wrapped wheel (again for a SWB car) or mint unrestored or restored wood wheel for a SWB car or cash, although I have no idea what it might be worth (input on the subject would be most welcome).

Thanks!

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images

What does it look like underneath that after market leather wrapper?
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Anthony West #1079
    No idea - did not realise the cover was after market. Does look like underneath there is leather also.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony67_911s View Post
    No idea - did not realise the cover was after market. Does look like underneath there is leather also.

Anthony
    Tried to send you a PM, your mailbox is full. Thanks.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony67_911s View Post
    I have a very nice, I would say unrestored extended hub, leather wrapped (original) steering wheel, date stamped 67 out of a 911S.

I would be interested in swapping it for another non-extended hup leather wrapped wheel (again for a SWB car) or mint unrestored or restored wood wheel for a SWB car or cash,

Thanks!

Anthony
    hello Anthony;
    i have 2 wood wheels for sale outright (eg; no interest in a trade) one refinished with steel frame & 1 ALUminum frame that i believe is NOS.
    happy to discuss. hope all is well.
    greetings
    jerry

Regis turd ab user
    I purchased a very nice leather extended hub with horn pad about a year and a half ago for $425 shipped which I feel was and still would be a good deal. Six months later I aquired another locally with a pile of cool early stuff.

The added hub length makes for a much better sitting and driving postioin for me. Also there is a center flange piece missing that allows for mounting the horn pad, Dave (cornpanzer) has access to some nice reproductions.

David

Gerry....I might be interested in one of the wood wheels that you have for sale for my '67. Do you have more info., dates, pictures and pricing?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Gerry....I might be interested in one of the wood wheels that you have for sale for my '67. Do you have more info., dates, pictures and pricing?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff;
    the refinished steel frame wheel is $650 and would be more appropriate for a
    '67. the ALU units were only used on the first few hundred 911s and are extremely rare. there doesn't appear to be much solid info on when they were officially discontinued or why. one thing is certain... the coolness factor is large so is the price ($2K)
    happy to discuss further offline.
    cheers
    jerry