Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 911T Soft Window Targa: Best one in the world?

1969 911T Soft Window Targa: Best one in the world?

1969 911T Soft Window Targa VIN 119111280 Miles 35,925

Tangerine / Black naugahyde. 5speed, Blaupunkt Frankfurt US, (everything works).

New Sumitomo 195-70VR14 on original 14” Fuchs (all 5) Original tool kit – complete and apparently unused as is original jack. Also has original Owners Manual, radio booklet and maintenance manual in original folder. Has rare storage box option.

Has covers for lowered window, removed top and bag for window cover, period correct bra and car cover. Highly original car with repaint only on RF fender and front hood (scratch damage - not crash)

Interior is nearly perfect, save the usual wear on the center of the drivers carpet and the edge of the reinforcement near the foot well / pedal cluster. Period correct Lloyds Mats cover most of that.

Hood badge is original but is chipped slightly (restorable) and fender to bumper seals have usual shrinkage.

Car is always garaged, never seen snow or rain and run in the past few years on ethanol free gasoline. Everything works – runs – drives – like the new car it nearly is. Only a few long wheelbase 911 Soft- window Targas known to exist and none in this condition. $49,500.

Private owner, private sale. For more photos and info, contact me, Gordon Maltby gmaltby@comcast.net or the owner:

Mark Bouljon, 763.434.7787 after 7:30pm weekdays, or mb356mn@msn.com anytime, or work # days and leave message. 763.744.9170 or work email markb@carouselautomobiles.com

Original tool kit – complete and apparently unused as is original jack.
    An original tool kit .. but for a 912

A 911 has a different spark plug wrench and pulley wrench and it seems to be missing the 911 box wrench.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 304678 View Post
    An original tool kit .. but for a 912

A 911 has a different spark plug wrench and pulley wrench and it seems to be missing the 911 box wrench.

Richard
    funny - a time capsule tangerine 69 912 passed through Jeff Trask's hands earlier this year that had a 911 tool kit - maybe they got switched at birth!
    Don
    912 Registry Charter Member #68

Flo - 69 912 Targa - Champagne Yellow
    Jack - 69 912 "R" Coupe - Terrorist Tangerine
    Bill (as in William "Refrigerator" Perry) - 97 E350 Powerstroke - White - (P-car puller deluxe)
    Kermit - 04 John Deere 4310 4WD - is there another color?
    Tony - 60 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop

tool kit

Re: tool kit. Let me check on that. Pretty much everything on the car is original and I believe the tool partially hidden (sorry for the fuzzy photo, it was all I had) is the alternator pulley wrench, not the 356/912 pulley wrench. Will report when we're able to check. Car is in storage right now.

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Just a note that this toolkit is no doubt to me correct for this car in spite of the two tool lapse... It's tan interior, and that is 1969 only....

Eric

A big BTW, .... you all know who Gordon Maltby is ...right? If not, do a google search.
    '

A small detail, no doubt, but the some of the tools, at least, are not correct including the 912 spark plug wrench.

-Allen-
    PS We could tell more if the picture was in focus!

Eric,

NO ONE is older than Zim! And no one as cantankerous either....and now that he's lost a bunch of weight, trying to reduce some yrs of his age, he's really hard to deal with!

Gordon, what a great looking SWT. Mark Bouljon is a familiar name. If he's the same one that used to be in Dallas, I met him many yrs ago when he was at Town North Porsche. At that time I believe he owned a Carrera Speedster if my memory is correct.
    Jack Griffin
    Dallas, Tx.
    Early 911S #167
    RGruppe #192

'55 356 s/r Outlaw
    '70 914-6 (2.5L owned since '76)
    '85 911 Carrera Cpe.
    '89 911 Speedster (bought new)
    '84 MB 300CD (bought new)
    Gone but great memories - '74 RSR 9114609113

Smile Gordon Maltby

I can tell you about Gordon, i bid on a 57 356 outlaw coupe Gordon had for sale on Ebay, my winning bid was $35,000. After I won the car on ebay, he said that he only expected the car to sell for $32,000 so that was what I paid, not $35K. Then he delivered the car from Minnesota to Ohio, about 15 hours each way for free and gave me an extra $3000 in parts. did I mention he is a nice guy also? By the way my car won best outlaw at the east coast holiday two years ago after a few mods. Thanks Ron Thomas ret9191

Targa tool kit question

The subject of incorrect pieces in the tool kit came up, and I'm sorry it took a few days to answer. The seller, Mark, had to go across town where the car is stored, to take a look. His reply is below. I want to add that Mark has owned Porsches (yes, including the Carrera Speedster that Jack mentioned) Since the '60s. His job for most of that time has been as a parts manager at Porsche dealerships; he knows a little about parts.

His note below is interesting enough to start a whole new thread about whether the guys at the factory threw tool kits together willy-nilly, whether many 911s came with 912 tools, etc., but I don't want to go there. Bottom line is that this is a really nice original car and in spite of the photo being fuzzy there is no intention to mislead. I guess I better go look at the tools for my '73 (mentioned below, which I bought from Mark several years ago).

Mark's reply:
    I went to inspect the tool kit last night and sure enough, it does have 2 tools that are obviously only for 912. One of the disadvantages to an unused tool kit is it doesn’t get looked at, let alone used. I bought a new '70 coupe and then a new '73 all those years ago and both came the same way this '69 tool kit is now. By the time I discovered the “opportunity”, the cars were well out of warranty. So I bought the right tools and put them in the kits. That’s what I’ll do now so that whoever buys the car gets the right tools. I do believe that the kit is fundamentally correct and complete in all other respects, not least because tool counts, bag interior color and exterior color and texture are right. Hope this will help refocus attention on the many merits of a great car.

I never considered the tool kit to be an issue - it is indeed a unique car - being a 69 SW. I wonder how many 69 911 SW they made. Over in the 912 world, we only know of about a dozen so there couldn't have been too many more then that made - less then 50 I would guess. I wish I had the $$$ I would jump on this. It would be a nice addition to my 69 stable.
    Don
    912 Registry Charter Member #68

Flo - 69 912 Targa - Champagne Yellow
    Jack - 69 912 "R" Coupe - Terrorist Tangerine
    Bill (as in William "Refrigerator" Perry) - 97 E350 Powerstroke - White - (P-car puller deluxe)
    Kermit - 04 John Deere 4310 4WD - is there another color?
    Tony - 60 Buick Invicta 4-door hardtop

69 911T Targa

Car is sold pending payment and pickup. Thanks for your interest and comments!

Gordon