Thread: A request for help

A request for help

Question: Is it possible to include quotes from two or more previous posts by different members, if I wish to include these quotes in a single reply.

If it is, would a kind Samaritan please be kind enough to walk me through the procedure.

Many thanks,

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Question: Is it possible to include quotes from two or more previous posts by different members, if I wish to include these quotes in a single reply.

If it is, would a kind Samaritan please be kind enough to walk me through the procedure.

Many thanks,

JZG
    Hi John,

My way is to:

1-Open the second post I want to quote in a separate window and then hit the "Quote" button to get the text in quote format.

2-In the "Reply to thread" window, I then highlight the quoted text and copy it to my clipboard (Ctrl-C)

3-I then go to the first message I want to quote.

4-Hit the Quote button

5-Type in the text i need

6-Copy the second quote fromthe clipboard to my First Message "reply to Threrad" window like this:

Quote Originally Posted by jaudette3 View Post
    The longer that I'm around these cars the less dogmatic I'm becoming about determing what is original and what is not. My latest lesson involves elephant hide. I used to be 100% sure that all 911L's produced for the U.S. had elephant hide interiors. Now the only thing I'm 100% sure of when it comes to elephant hide is that it is original with all elephants produced.

I'm working on a '68 911L Soft Window Targa at the moment. There are no signs of elephant hide on the car and I would swear in court that the basket-weave facing on the dash is original.

Coincidentally, I was talking with Harvey Weidman the other day about wheels and originality issues, and he mentioned that you can't always be sure. As an example, he mentioned that when he worked at a Porsche dealership in the day and a customer reacted negatively to an elephant hide interior, that interior was replaced with basket-weave.

It took me a long time to learn this lesson with 356's - and it appears to be the same with early 911's. There are at least two reasons that you can't be 100% sure about originality 100% of the time: (1) Porsche wanted to please their customer and (2) Porsche didn't like wasting money.

In any event, this particular 911L SWT is going to have a basket-weave interior. It would be interesting to hear of other instances where original wasn't what is generally accepted as original but it was original nonetheless.

Cheers,
    JohnA
    7-Type some more stuff

8-Hit "Submit Reply".

I am sure others smarter than me have an easier way.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Harry, thank you very much. Sounds pretty straight forward. I'll practice and use your system the next time good points are made and bear quoting.

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

John,
    Use the "+ button for each post.
    It's that easy.
    Best,
    Alex
    Early S Reg #1809

Quote Originally Posted by naparsei View Post
    John,
    Use the "+ button for each post.
    It's that easy.
    Best,
    Alex
    Alex,

I thought that the button was for multiple quotes from the same message.

Am I incorrect?
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300