Thread: This is how it starts...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is how it starts...

Help me. Motivate me. My '68 project is beginning to languish. This was taken this morning. There is a half disassembled Go-Kart on top of and blocking the car. Tools piling up. Leaf blowers. I have removed the paint from the engine lid, most of the roof, and most of the drivers rear quarter. So far I have found a liberal coat of '80's bondo (and even some lead work), but no rust, which is a mystery. I am going to have the car professionally painted in it's original Polo Red, but I wanted to do most of the R&R so I could see what I was dealing with. Winter is coming, which doesn't make me want to spend a lot of time in my unheated, standard sized garage. I don't want to go into my garage next year and have to dig it out from under 16 cardboard boxes and a wooden canoe!

Need strong motivating statements!

Also, is it dangerous to find lead work and expose it to the air during a stripping process like this? I don't want to create a toxic hazard for my unsuspecting family.

Thank you,

Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1968 Porsche 911 #11830133 (2009- 2012)
    1968 Porsche 911T #11820522 (1997-2007)
    Registry Member #1536
    Hagerty Insurance Guy

Missing my Porsche. Need to find another SWB project!

Current cars:
    1918 Willys-Overland Model 90BT
    1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mk1a
    1977 Chevrolet Suburban C20 "Trailering Special"
    1983 Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole
    1992 RHD Toyota Century

Similar Threads

1. car starts intermittently
    By EA911 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM
  2. reminder..LeMans starts at 10:00am CST