Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW much ??????

Lightbulb HOW much ??????

I'm taking my Chevy Malibu on my annual Thanksgiving vacation like I did last year.... giving me a chance to plug the Porsche into the shop and do some LONG overdue suspension work. In prepping the car to bring it over I cleaned out ALL the stuff I keep ALL the time in the trunk. I keep throwing out crazy estimates on the weight of all the crap I drive with so this time, using an old bathroom scale, I weighed all the stuff (except for trunk carpet and spare) as it came out...

THE STUFF WEIGHED 102 POUNDS !!!!!!!!!!!!! .......

No wonder a car feels different cleaned out for the track............

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

HOW much ??????

Jeeze Chuck, you need a 'lightweight' just to stay even
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

who'd of thunk that much??
    Bob Petitt
    1967 911S Coupe 307653S, my barn find - 55,000 miles Looking for engine #961269 and trans 901/02 #104337
    1971 911T Coupe 9111120264, my first 911 back in my garage
    1972 BMW 2002, my first car - 350,000 miles and counting
    1972 911T Coupe 9112100970, Sporto, parted it out..
    1983 BMW 320i, my everyday car - 138,000 miles and gutless
    2005 Subaru Outback, the daily driver - boring
    2006 Volvo XC90,

Registry Membership #202

It's all the bottles of chardonnay hidden under all that junk that's adding the weight Chuck. That raises the question tho...does a bottle of Bud Light weigh less than a bottle of regular Bud?
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

Talking Don't you put all that stuff back in again!

I have seen this stuff in all its splendour (ha)...I know how long it takes to get it all out and put it all back in...and for the life of me I DO NOT UNDERSTAND !

Chuck the squirrel...OMG he has stuff for every damned contingency under that there bonnet...YOU PUT WOMEN TO SHAME CHUCK...I thought I had (girl) friends who carted more "just in case " stuff than I could imagine. Even my sweet, beautiful Mum had stuff in her car that I would constantly berate her about...but you Chuck, you win!

Listen my dear sweet friend, you are carting ONE OF ME in there (if you want to count the spare ). Now it might be a small point, but what is all that sh!te in there doing to your fuel economy (yeah I know, what fuel economy and it doesn't really matter but you get my point).

DON'T PUT ALL THAT CRAPOLA BACK IN - even with everything you have under there; Murpy's Law is sure to reign supreme and the one thing you will need you won't have anyway... BTW Paul; no booze...I checked .

And don't you DARE delete this... I know where you live
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Hey Chuck, do you also sport one of those european carry-alls (purses) when sashaying around town ?

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

I think most of the weight is in that tool box!

That thing must weigh 50 lbs! At least he has it positioned toward the middle of the car...

Hint: If you are traveling with Chuck and you need a tool - he probably has it!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Don't worry Chuckie

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    I'm taking my Chevy Malibu on my annual Thanksgiving vacation like I did last year.... giving me a chance to plug the Porsche into the shop and do some LONG overdue suspension work. In prepping the car to bring it over I cleaned out ALL the stuff I keep ALL the time in the trunk. I keep throwing out crazy estimates on the weight of all the crap I drive with so this time, using an old bathroom scale, I weighed all the stuff (except for trunk carpet and spare) as it came out...

THE STUFF WEIGHED 102 POUNDS !!!!!!!!!!!!! .......

No wonder a car feels different cleaned out for the track............

Cheers
    The 102 LBs for the tools, and you must weigh, what, 105 LBs, is still only 207 LBs...That's the avg. American males weight.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

102lbs of sh*t in a 5lb bag.

You gotta admit, though, it IS nice having some weight in the front of a 911 ...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Chuck if it was a SWB car you could pull out the front bumper weights 4 times!
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.