Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 71S found in driveway, heavily optioned. They are still out there!!!

It does look a little light to me for Gemini Blue, but it could be the lighting, computer screen, faded paint, etc. Here is my '73 with 20 year old paint. Yeh I know, but I hate those rubber baby buggy bumpers.
    SteveName:  image.jpg
Views: 1740
Size:  128.3 KB

??????? The car is silver.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Hi Guys !!
    Slow progress on the car but now the front trunk is ready for paint. Thanks so all who helped with finding the right color. The original 100L gas tank is restored and in transit. Will post pics of painted trunk with tank !!! George Kehler
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hello, George . . .

Always exciting to see other people's 'projects,' so . . . thank you for posting

I got curious when I first read that your car turned-up sitting in someone's driveway. Love stories like that! I'm especially interested in your car because it's the first '71 that I've ever heard of to have that optional 100 liter tank --- in fact . . . it's the ONLY one. Do you know what the date-stamp on your tank's sender is? The only ones that I've seen were dated '67-or-so

Looks like a solid-enough car to start with, too. What are your plans for it? Will this be a 'show car' . . . or more of something to drive?

And why was the car sitting since '94? Did something break, or did the guy lose interest, etc?

And keep those pictures coming!

PS Algar Porsche Audi, huh? I don't suppose you have a license plate frame that you could share a picture of, do you? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...r-Plate-Frames

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Hello, George . . .

Always exciting to see other people's 'projects,' so . . . thank you for posting

I got curious when I first read that your car turned-up sitting in someone's driveway. Love stories like that! I'm especially interested in your car because it's the first '71 that I've ever heard of to have that optional 100 liter tank --- in fact . . . it's the ONLY one. Do you know what the date-stamp on your tank's sender is? The only ones that I've seen were dated '67-or-so

Looks like a solid-enough car to start with, too. What are your plans for it? Will this be a 'show car' . . . or more of something to drive?

And why was the car sitting since '94? Did something break, or did the guy lose interest, etc?

And keep those pictures coming!

PS Algar Porsche Audi, huh? I don't suppose you have a license plate frame that you could share a picture of, do you? . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...r-Plate-Frames

Hi Rick !! This car was sold new by Holberts and I have a great plate frame that I will photograph and post here. Also, the 100 L tank was purchased in 1975 by the fourth owner because he could get more fuel each time he went to fill up during the Arab oil crisis. The sender is dated 1975 and was restored by the Penn. shop that specializes in restoring them. He said that it was the oldest dated one that they have restored. More pics to come of the painted front trunk !! GBK

Thanks for those details, George . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Hi Guys !!
    Here is the plate frame from Holberts !!! Perfect for my car !!! Enjoy !! George Kehler

Eeeeeeeexcellent!

We Can Be Heroes

Hey Guys !!
    Here are pics of the front trunk with final paint. Hope that you'all like. The car still has the black tar paint on the top of the shock towers and brushed black paint on the front of the battery boxes. Also, the black paint runs where the brushed black paint was applied under the lower trunk latch. Neat details that we have documented and will reproduce !! Enjoy and have a nice weekend !! George Kehler

Any progress to report, George? This one must be getting close

We Can Be Heroes