I hope to gain your help in resolving a delivery issue that I have with Spektr, the manufacturers and suppliers of 'R' Windows amongst other things.

I ordered and paid for goods in August, and despite several promised delivery dates, they have not arrived.

Scott at Spektr is a pleasant person, and is always engaging and helpful on the phone, but then doesn't follow through on his promises - I see this as a case of a good engineer but a lousy business person (unlikely perhaps Chuck at ER and Dave at TRE).

I have repeatedly called and e-mailed Scott, and when I rang today I got a voicemail system saying they are closed for a few days whilst getting over the flu - but it has said that for over two weeks now !

Before I go to Visa and instigate a chargeback process, I want to give Scott one last chance to actually ship me the goods that I bought and paid for three months ago.

So, does anyone on here know Scott, and can they tell him there is a frustrated customer that wants to give him the benefit of the doubt - but I need my windows ?

If all this fails, and I have openly tried to help him through the community that he serves, then I will have no choice but to go to Visa for a chargeback, as I need the money to pay another supplier.

Talking of other suppliers, where can I get the R Style windows and vents ?

Ian