Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS 1/8th scale Marushin 2.7RS engine kit

FS 1/8th scale Marushin 2.7RS engine kit

I have one of the original, metal 2.7 RS engine kits that the Japanese company Marushin made, many years ago. It's complete, has never been assembled and has it's original packaging. I'm looking for $1,500.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Hi, sent you a PM.

- Guru
    Guru Sivaraman

1972 S
    1977 3.0 Carrera

Early S Reg. #1199

price

That seems like a very good price if it`s complete.They have been on e-bay for twice as much.Here`s a good site for more on them. http://www.scaleautoworks.com/marushinPorsche.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Member:S Registry #864

It's complete and none of the packaging has ever been opened. The parts are so well made that it's almost a shame to assemble one of these.

I'm familiar with Brady's site. He's a nice guy. I have done a fair amount of business with him over the years. He sold me quite a few kits that I'll never get around to building. Most of them are Ferrari's, though....

Cheers,
    Jeff

video

I have completed some of his offerings as well. Here`s a video of the model Jeff has for sale.It runs on compressed air.It has working pistons! http://www.scaleautoworks.com/marushinPorsche2.mpg

I've also got one for sale. It's one of the ten that were assembled by the factory in Japan. It's truly a work of art!
    I think you would have to be a better than average mechanic as well as being a better than average model builder to assemble one of the kits!

pm if interested.
    Rob

tough

"I think you would have to be a better than average mechanic as well as being a better than average model builder to assemble one of the kits." I can vouch for the latter.This one had directions in Italian and took a whole winter to do.Fortunately,it came with a CD and I could use my lap top to complete it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that the resin kit or the metal one that came available a while back? I started one of the resin kit versions for an Arno hydroplane model but there were some inaccuracies between the model and the real thing, so I parked it.

Jeff

answer

This one is metal.Most of the parts are screwed together,but required a lot of tapping for the screws.In my experience as a model builder,it did not have the quality in fit and finish of the parts as Tamiya or Marushin,for example,but the finished product looks good.I`m a ship builder,but the Tamiya 1/12th cars are superb.I`m not a big plastic fan,as I prefer wood.The Arno Ferrari hydroplane is super! The planked mahogany is beautiful.Here is mine. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=19967

Interested in this engine kit

email : sandra.desmedt@gmail.com

best rgards