Thread: silly looking well built 72 RSR clone on CL

silly looking well built 72 RSR clone on CL

sitting like the engine is out or its got airbags, for such a big price, seems
    like some attention to detail was slightly ovelooked
    it may have a killer build but that's just silly looking

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...493456795.html
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

I contacted them regarding this car as I was inetrested, they are not flexible at all with the selling price ( I offered them 50K$ )and for my point of view the look of this car supposed to be looking like an RSR it seems a little bit wrong as you've said, for that kind of money, touring seats, original door cards and I don't speak about the exterior details of it, it also seems than they over described the car and if they don't have any sort of proofs about the details they give it's gonna be hard to sell it.

I got to see better/bigger pics by clicking the bar on the ad....worst than I thought...
    indeed, regular 72 seats, T tachometer with engine supposedly spec RS 2.7?
    tacky gold leaf paint on the fan and A/C
    not so well built should have been the title
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Even at 50K$ I think than it's was a very good offer for it !!!
    I was thinking then to get a proper interior, seats, engine details, body details, etc..
    And I didn't see the boot and undertrain, I should be better of getting a nice roller buy a tranny and get it done the proper way, by the time I would have invest in all the changes I bet than for that price I won't be far to get a better car with the proper look.
    The guy was pretty firm on the asking price then I wish them a very, very good luck to find a keen buyer for it
    Anyway it has been for sale for quite a while

Regis turd ab user
    Door panels with map pockets and speakers, another bad steering wheel cover and air conditioning, huh?
    RSR, Really Stupid Replica.

David

We all hear fairly often the term 'Bling' nowadays....

It's curious to view people's tendency to 'create it' with the fan and shroud.

Question I have is, what is improved with the paint here ?

Ride height can be adjusted, but I got to the butt shot in the slideshow and saw the big red plastic Porsche reflective panel between the tail lights and bailed on it. This is supposed to be "a piece of history. An original one owner car purchased from Brumos Porsche in Jacksonville, Florida in November 1972, it was one of 2 pace cars for the 1972 Daytona 250-Mile Finale Race" and they don't source a proper rear bumper for it? I don't get it....

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Looks heavy to me. It's going to need more motor to turn those big wheels. 2.7 with A/C? Not enough for me.
    72S, 72T now ST

I don't get the red reflector on the butt of this thing either. That and the gold paint on the engine parts makes a guy scratch his head. Pretty cheesy for that kind of asking price.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330