Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $140,000 1970 t

$140,000 1970 t

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...item2c5206c376

Nice...... but $140,000.? color me skeptical.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Regis turd ab user
    Junk steering wheel cover, incorrect door panels, seats are later and not upholstered properly, I'll take it!

David

This car has been discussed before. The car has been listed several times before on ebay, not reaching reserve. The reserve was semi reasonable then, so this must be a new ploy to try and move the car.

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    This car has been discussed before. The car has been listed several times before on ebay, not reaching reserve. The reserve was semi reasonable then, so this must be a new ploy to try and move the car.
    2 weeks ago there were asking 4OK for a buy it know

When I asked for a COA the guy told me than they could have it for a modern Porsche but not for a classic, apparently they don't know what they have for sale !!??
    I think than gsjohnon is pretty right on the pull out

Below is tere answer from Ebay regarding selling price

Chris,
    We are selling it as is and not for any less than $40K.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Adrian.

- stlouismotorsportsllc

In fairness to the sellers, I truly think that the "Buy it Now" price on
    their ebay listing is a typo, and the "1" was added mistakenly and put
    in front of their $40k buy it now.

A friend of mine also called and was told $40k firm.

It appears to be a relatively new listing that was probably done in a
    hurry before the weekend started.

I'm proud of my 72 T as well and I would sell it in a New York second for 40K

Interesting way to run an auction, put the buy it now into the stratosphere and get some unsuspecting bidders to bid it over a reserve that's 1/3 the buy it now.

I also noticed it has the S instrument upgrade with the fuel/oil level and the oil press/temp gauges. I believe the standard T instruments are just fuel level with large Reserve Tank warning light and oil temp with a pressure idiot light. Is that correct?

I thought this S package also included S trim for the rocker panel and front/rear bumper trim. However, this car as the smaller T trim and without rubber on the bumper guards.

Could the car be ordered this way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1972 911S Targa Paint to Sample Cocoa/Tan Leather (# 0836)

Other Early:
    1974 Carrera SR Coupe (USA) GP White/Tan Shetland Cloth/Gold "Carrera" Stripes
    1971 911T Coupe Tangerine/Black (Destroyed in fire at Porsche Shop )
    1968 912 Coupe Irish Green/Black

When In the "Dark" Side:
    1988 944 Turbo S Alpine White/Gray (1 of 481 Turbo S's Imported into USA)
    1991 928GT Guards Red/Spec Order Gray (1 of 85 GT's Imported into USA for 1991)

Current Daily Driver: 2007 Shelby GT Mustang

This looks like a half way decent car, presented by a seller who doesn't know how to sell old Porsches. When will they learn, it's the bottom of the car that the early 911 crowd wants to see?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    This looks like a half way decent car, presented by a seller who doesn't know how to sell old Porsches. When will they learn, it's the bottom of the car that the early 911 crowd wants to see?

That's a pertinent answer, you are so right it's often the case unfortunately, and sometimes they complains about having to much pictures and details request
    I think that is half of a done deal.
    Undertrain pictures, numbers, etc.. but here anyone will know all about of course.