Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: rare Scheel racing bucket seat!

FS: rare Scheel racing bucket seat!

Hi,
    I have a Scheel racing seat that I would like to sell. A very rare seat + the super cool slider with the little handle. Unfortunately I do not have the lover rails but I'm working on it to reproduce them. But my first local source has failed. I think that this is not a big challange. If the buyer is interested I would give him one rail from my other seat (see last picture) and he can try to dublicate it on his own. I trust you that you will send it back to me .
    The condition of the seat is very fine - just a little damage ot the top but this can be reapaired very easy. The spots on the upholstery are reflection from the camera. I would date the seat on the same MY like the Recaro R seat - it has no headrest (provision?)! More pictures via Email

Thanks Alex

$1700,-

Thanks Yeti

Or make a reasonable offer
    Thanks Yeti

scheel

Hi Alex, isn't that a seat from the 914 GT with that light weight version of handle ?
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

Hi Stefan,
    well I'm not sure, you see pretty often the Scheel 300 on the GT pictures.
    These have higher bolsters on the sholder and on the bottom. I do not know how this modell is called. I think it was produced before the "GT seat" . I remember a early 911 competition where this was a passenger seat.
    The sliders are the very rare and original ones. I think they are pretty cool with the little handle on the side.

The 914 GT Strähle

And a seat of mine.

Thanks Yeti

*bump*

anyone has information of this seat as well
    Thanks Yeti

*bump* and new price!!!

$1550 shipped!
    Thanks Yeti

main difference between this and the 914 seat

The 914 seat is much more of a 90 degree back angle. It is very obvious if you see them out of the car. Also, as previously stated, the 914 seat has more apparent bolstering.

I own examples of both seats and the 911 seat is MUCH more of a laid back driving position. Ironically, the trend in recent years is much more toward an upright seating position, making the 914 seat something one might consider in a 911... but I prefer the vintage Scheel 300s.

Either way, GL with the sale. Nice seat.
    JR

Is the Scheel 300 not the 914 GT seat?
    Anyway - *bump* and now $1450,- shipped!
    Thanks Yeti

I have, what I believe, the same seat in my 914. The upholstery is different as I had it recovered last year. It has provisions for two different sliders. A very comfortable seat that holds you nice and tight around corners. Recommended.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nate Y
    Early 911S Registry #1232

Hi Nate,
    I think you have the König seat in your car - not a Scheel.
    This König was special made for the 914. Nice seat!
    Thanks Yeti