Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS..used Recaro LS ( 1 st generation)

FS..used Recaro LS ( 1 st generation)

It looks like its time to sell some seats...I hope I make myself clear here...feel free to ask questions.

To start we have the 1 st generation RECARO LS model..... what I consider to be the BEST aftermarket 2 pc. seat Recaro ever made during the 70/80's and perhaps even 90's. It was the most aggressively bolstered seat excluding the race seats. This is the first generation of the Recaro LS....in vinyl and cloth....all orig.

I actually ran an LS for the driver( me) in a 73 '02 in 76-87 .....they are really great. I sold all these seats back in the day( w/ a co. called Time Machines...any1 recall?) funding grad school...Koenig..Corbeau...Scheel etc.....

Scheel are often lusted after .....Ive been guilty of that lust myself....but these Recaros are firmer .... more svelte...for the leaner meaner driver...and Im sure they are lighter...also may give a bit more rear leg room...

These seats( this vintage) are the only used pr. Ive EVER seen. Wonderful frames....foam ....everything works....

I would think the LS version we are selling was the next generation of street/sport seats after this seat:..but these are not FS!!!

The drivers side shows bolster cloth wear....the shoulder/lumbar adjusting knobs are cracked ( this adjustment was worthless IMO)...you could remove knob and cut down rod and recover...or find suitable knobs. I believe they may be NLA direct. In addition, we have the proper Recaro rake adjustment knobs....as you can see they are missing in pics..

Totally usable as is.....except for a concours car.

There were several LS variations thru the yrs...this vintage had IMO the best bolstering..here is an orig ad of our version

here are the seats...

I can get more pics...

the catch?.....we've reconsidered selling a pr....we prefer to sell one only....will consider either side.... (we appear to have a buyer for the pr)

320.00/seat..... Sliders/hdrst.included.

1 x e21 BMW Recaro..totally redone by Aardvark Racing...usng hi end blk cord for inserts....for a period look.
    440.00 /seat......no sliders or hardware.

Hi Joel...How much for this pair?....Thanks / Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

seats

Lars..........I dont really know, we werent selling those.......

.how is 800.00?.. for the pr?....

JUST KIDDING..........I wondered if that pic would cause confusion. It was just placed there to show a comparo to the relative vintage of the LS model we are selling...sorry.

Oops...got all excited now....
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

I just had my LS Recaros done with houndstooth. These are very comfortable and supportive for spirited and for long drives.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

seats

..those look really nice!.....I think these seats are currently under appreciated; they really do perform. I do want to mention if you look at your lower seat bolsters.....yours are a later generation...even the pleating/stitching is a later style( but of course you could've done that on your restore)...look great.

Id like to PM you...

Joel
    Yes, later style, the stitching and pleating was replicated to original, feel free to PM if you want to discuss.
    Yours are great and I actually prefer earlier stitching - great seats for someone.
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

seats

We'd really like to sell one of the LS's.........just one though.

I feel a little generous.........?????????

any1?

recaro's..

Im surprised no one has shown serious interest?...

A similiar pair of Scheels were just sold on the forum for a 2k asking.....these are as good/better.....hmmmm.

I always thought the LS seats of this vintage were some of the best.

where are you located? I'm a little confused - are you selling a pair or one?
    1982 PCA club racing #372 D-Stock
    Registry #1595