Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very nice RS Clone for sale on Ebay, funny story!!

Forget about the car, look at the vegetation. I grew up in Portland and still live in the PNW. I have never seen a tree like the one in the front yard anywhere up here. Looks like a smooth bark tree I had out front of my flat in Coronado, CA when I lived there. Thick-bladed crab grass does not grow up here. Lastly, the shot of the tail facing front has a palm tree in the distance.
    Nate Y
    Early 911S Registry #1232

Quote Originally Posted by 911 guy View Post
    Hi froggy, have you been talking to James too? Let me know because he sent me an invoice for the car through e-bay bin.Kind of iffy , that is if he's trying to sell the car to two different people at the same time . he still has not called me back over the phone to talk details . I'll take it for what it's worth . If it seems to good to be true it probaly is not what it seems .get back at me & thanks for the info . Paul
    Yes I did talked to James !!
    I didn't get any invoice yet but was the first to deal with the seller

For that CA tree must be agin the global warming !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 911 guy View Post
    The vin is 9113600976 I'm going to fly out to gresham Or. Inspect the so called goust car & try to drive it back to cali. Wish me luck
    His head injury was much worse than I thought!

This seller is either a nut case or brazen scammer. We are supposed to believe the Black 911 shown in the links above is a second series RS? Ok, I'll play along, lets see some real photos of some #s from this seller.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

That car has been on ebay at least twice before with the exact same pictures. Last time maybe a year ago.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

911rs

Mike thanks for the info . I sent him a message stating that i would be in Oregon this week to pick up the car with cash in hand. As you could imagine ,no reponse . i sure wish he was legit . even if the car is a 69 911t for $8,000 it would be a great track car/ daliy driver. Keep the info coming & i'll keep everyone posted of the results .Froggy if James sends you an invioce from e-bay let me know . Paul

Thumbs down On the Rocks..

Ya, but to a "methhead" all it takes is one bite to get a down payment for his Next Rock!! And he most likely doesn't live in Gresham!!
    Well.. Or its brain dammage?

It's Real! It's Real! -- Its' a real --- SCAM!

Hello,
    I also responded to the EBAY listing and asked for some more info including the chassis and engine number. I got the EXACT same message from him/her that you did, sans chassis and engine number. However, I checked and the message was not sent through EBAY and only appeared in my personal email box. EBAY has sent out numerous warnings about scammers who will attempt to make contact through non-ebay methods. With that, I disregarded it as a scam.
    However, it sure was tempting because even though it is obviously not an RS, it sure looks like is a nice clone for $8,000.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
    Indiana,
    1965 911: 300594, 300839
    1965 912: 350407,
    1968 911L SWT Sportomatic,
    1970 911T Irish Green, Restored,
    1974 911 Carrera, 1975 911 Carrera,
    1970 914 1.7 Signal Orange, 1973 914 2.0 Zambezi Green, 1974 914 2.0 Ravena Green--this one is for sale
    Used to haul the kids to the pool in 356/1500RS Carrera Speedster 80820. Wife would leave it in the shopping center parking lot -- now in the Porsche Factory Museum.

One thing is funny, he has 52 post here, so, does any one know him. How can some one still try to scam specially now a days with all of the tec and in a BB like this one, where most every one knows all of the cars
    to me if some one is not clearwith its anwers, its a scam, def.

Scam!!

This is so absolutely a SCAM it's ridiculous to even play along with the guy,he may get some info from you address,email etc and use your name on the
    next attempt!
    This car was on Ebay about a year or even two ago at around 30K and i believe
    it had a 2.4 CIS eng if my memory serves me likely not.
    Anyway screw around with these sorts if you choose but it could leave your
    ebay identity open to intrusion ...Bert