Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT'S ALIVE, woo hoo!!

IT'S ALIVE, woo hoo!!

After 2 years of headaches and dedication and endless pictures, the mighty 1969 911S hit the road. Rebuilt engine, fuel injection, transmission, refreshed interior, reconditioned suspension, and body rust elimination. Thanks to everyone for their input over the last 700 plus days. I'm 300 miles into the break in and counting, too bad it's December.
    It's been 12 years since I drove her last. It was small, loud, and had a really hard ride. IT WAS PERFECT!! It reminds me of the first ski run of the season, the first mountain bike ride of the summer, or first ride on a motorcycle of the year. I can't get the stupid smile off my face. No if I could only get my girlfriend to stop saying it looks like a Skittles candy rolling down the street, ha ha.
    The last picture says it all!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Good for you drive the wheels off. O.K. maybe not off but wear the tires out. Good idea keeping the FI. The elevation changes are brutal up there.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Nice !

Perfect time of year for a spirited run up Kingsbury Grade
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Unless they make you put the chains on! Oh and Kingsbury Grade SUCKS when they are repaving!!!!
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Thanks guys. I plan on driving the snot out of it. The FI is adjusted for high altitude, it was running really lean in the Bay Area and Sacramento. It started getting personality around Blue Canyon on I-80 on the drive to Reno. Keeping it in the hangar until it goes to the paint shop. I will Christen it properly on Kingsbury Grade when the ice melts off. Best time from the bottom in the Minden Valley to Tramway Drive at the summit on the motorcycle time was 6:26. Will the Porsche beat it? It's an 8.2 mile run.
    I hope there's a Ventura Rally next year to finally meet everyone.
    All the Best,
    Scott
    PS, does this pic indicate a bad carbon footprint?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Scott
    Good for you! that first ride really does make one smile after all the hard work.
    Enjoy!
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

Is that your Bird in the hangar?
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

We need to see more pictures of this beauty. Before and after please.
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386

Quote Originally Posted by Carrerax View Post
    We need to see more pictures of this beauty. Before and after please.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=30077
    -Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

Jim, thanks for the thread link. I'm not that saavy on this internet site and that looked like a painful endeavor to post the pics again

Not my plane, but I'm the pilot on it. Owner is a big Ferrari guy if you couldn't tell by the Cossa Rossa red paint it's done up in. Kind of cool to zip around in a Ferrari Red Gulsftream 3. I can't drop the owner's name, but he did win best of show at Pebble Beach with his 1937 Auto Union 853 Horch this year. Check out the Esses Monterey Issue and you'll see him
    If anyone is a Safari Club Member, he opens up his collection for tours during SCI every January in Reno. It is a jaw dropping sight, especially the Ferrari row. It looks like the complete geneology of the company. From the 1949 Le Mans (Luigi Chinetti number 22) Barchetta to a modern day 599 Fiorino. Too bad he's not a Porsche fan, but he does respect the 911 line....
    He didn't care too much for my gift of a DVD of Le Mans last Christmas, but I do try

He's going to repaint the car in its traditional Signal Yellow for me. As much as I would love to do it in a gun metal gray I have to be true to the car's cardec. After 22 years of looking at it, I'm getting used to the color. The pics are misleading on the paint condition. It looks great from 20', but when you get close, you can see the polyurethane peeling off, especially the roof. Additionally, it has some blemishes and door dings. It's in its original color, but not the original Glaseurit paint. My old man painted it back in 92 or 93. Trying to get the dash re done as well, we'll see.

Hopefully it will be a completed project come spring. I'm looking forward to zipping it around the countryside with you guys.