Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R-Gruppe interview with Co-founder Cris Huergas

R-Gruppe interview with Co-founder Cris Huergas

Hey everyone-
    I put a cool interview up on the blog:

http://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

GREAT article

Looks like you asked all the questions everyone has always wanted to know the answer to. No secrets, no handshakes. Its all about about having a Sports Pupose 911 that you drive, attend events, no egos.

Great timing too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

I think this is an old interview from one of the Porsche mags,
    because Cris is saying membership will cap at 300 members.
    Currently membership is more that double that.
    Steve

"ouR" gruppe...

...interesting read...thnx!!

Steve
    Membership list shows 301 members at the moment. Individual RG member numbers are now in blocks per region, some blocks are in the 600s' but that does not reflect actual number of members.
    Nice Q & A with Cris - nice to see a pic of Freeman's car, been wondering about its' status.
    Paul
    83SC, bone stock (not so much anymore)
    69T, 2.8 RS spec, MFI (Sold, but not forgotten)
    "Wailing Wench"
    s reg. #1009
    rgruppe #506

Yep, great interview with a great guy.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Yup, Chris is a cool and down to earth guy. I never met him, but have spoken with him a few times and once for 90 minutes. It is all about the sports minded 911 cars.

They are all good people. Too bad we cannot hang out each day with our cars and all these good people. Wait, is that not what we should do when we retire? We can only hope it turns out something like that.

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Rico-
    I met Cris over the summer when I was buying a large stash of 356 parts in the Bay Area, we had lunch with my friend Bela. Great little german place about 2 blocks from EASY in Emeryville.
    I got the interview back from him 2 nights ago, it took him about 2 months to complete all the questions. I was happy to wait because he took a lot of thought when answering them.

So, no, this is not an old interview, by sandwich standards (2 days) it is old, but not by interview standards.

Glad everyone enjoyed it!

Always looking for interesting stories if anyone has any ideas...

Happy Holidays-
    Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Nice work Adam. That pretty much covers everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 911rips View Post
    Steve
    Membership list shows 301 members at the moment. Individual RG member numbers are now in blocks per region, some blocks are in the 600s' but that does not reflect actual number of members.
    Note: Also, there was a large membership purge a couple of years ago - maybe 200 or so inactive/non-dues paying members dropped. So unless you are listed on the roster at the RG website, you are no longer a member! (this isn't directed at Steve, who IS a member, but others who might have missed the multiple memos ... )

Sorry Adam.
    Good work.
    Steve