Thread: WTB: MINT '89 930 Turbo...

WTB: MINT '89 930 Turbo...

(oops...just now noticed this is parked in the wrong category: Moderator (Chuck?), please re-locate as appropriate...thanks.)

Hey, yawl,

Happy Holidays To All On The Early S Registry!

I'm looking for any leads/owners of a Truly Outstanding '89 930 Turbo who would be interested in sending their car to a new enthusiast home.

Here are the "hot buttons"
    • Five-spd (G50) cars only
    • Any "classic" color combination
    • Coupe is ok - a Cab is preferred: (Were there any 930 Targas built in '89?)
    • buyer has proper budget for the "right" car...no urgency here
    • stock, unmolested examples only, please
    • the lower the mileage, the better - overall condition is a higher priority
    • proper maintenance, ownership history is a huge plus

Anyone? Any ideas? Whatcha got? shoot me an email at thom(at)pmletter(dot)com I'm looking fwd to hearing from you.

Cheers
    r/Thom
    www.pmletter.com

You'll be hard pressed to find any stock 89 Turbo that someone wants to let go of ... they're the creme de la creme.

We just finished restoring one for a customer who's owned it since 1989. It has more than 200,000 miles on it ... dude lives at the end of a gravel road.

Good luck...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find any stock 89 Turbo that someone wants to let go of ... they're the creme de la creme.

We just finished restoring one for a customer who's owned it since 1989. It has more than 200,000 miles on it ... dude lives at the end of a gravel road. .
    200k? Lives on a gravel road to boot? My kinda guy...that's for sure.
    I recognize that this can be a bit of a snipe hunt - the prospect does too. he's prepared to hunker down and flip over the rocks...

btw - I've already found one candidate Cab...we'll see if that car resonates.

Cheers
    r/Thom
    www.pmletter.com

Well now.......

If your stuck on a 89/930 I guess this won't blow your dress up: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=895446

Hard to find better IMHO.

No affiliation

Porsche & VW Spoken Here

Current cars:

1970 VW Westfallia
    1970 911T 9110122445 Burgundy/Tan Numbers Matching
    1970 911T 9110121689 Bahia Red/Black parts shell
    1971 911T 9111120111 Bahia Red/Black Numbers matching
    1972 914 4722916453 Rusty Orange.......;-)

well, if it were ME...

I'd be all over that like a cheap suit...it's priced right and it looks good. What I don't think the prospect understands (although he might...) is that ya really didn't need a 5 spd in this car...he's hard over on the 5 spd thing...

Mohr won't have this car long - I'll put a wager on that...

Cheers
    R/Thom
    www.pmletter.com

I prefer the 4-speed cars but the ease of use around town with the G50/50 is nice. But, really, these aren't around-town cars...
    -Marco

Unhappy 87 turbo

What do you think about the price (9.5% sales tax too)?

Quote Originally Posted by LKreg View Post
    What do you think about the price (9.5% sales tax too)?
    I think it's way too cheap for such a nice example
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mitchell View Post
    If your stuck on a 89/930 I guess this won't blow your dress up: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=895446

Hard to find better IMHO.

No affiliation
    I have a '79 930 w/70K original miles in my shop right now (Cork on Burgandy Metallic). I don't think the current owner paid anywhere close to $42K for the car.

I think all super clean, pre-89 3.3L Turbos should hover in the $30-35K range ... much more than that and they better be something SPECIAL. A well-kept, unmolested 3.0L Turbo Carrera should bring above $35K but less than $50K.
    -Marco

Here's a silver Cabriolet in Southern California at TruSpeed Motorcars. No affiliation, just passing it along...

http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/vas..._stock_no=1848