Thread: Beige/Brown/Tan Velour Carpet reproduction

Beige/Brown/Tan Velour Carpet reproduction

I'm trying to get the correct Brown colored carpet set into my 1973 911S.
    I've seen some posts of people here looking for the that same carpet, not having succes with their search.Tony (Autobahn) has the correct material for the carpet, but uses Tan colored vinyl for the binding/edges of the carpet.
    I wanted to get it a little closer to the original liver colored binding that Porsche used. To do that I've sources a full hyde of leather with the corect color and I'm shipping half of that to Tony to build me a carpet set.
    If there are more people interested in this, I can ship a full Hyde to do several sets. I guess 4 to 5 sets can be done with it, but I'll check that with Tony if there is interest. (probably around $100 - $125 per carpet set extra costs for this)
    Anyone interested in this can contact me thru e-mail or PM.

Pictures added:
    1 - The Porsche fabrics sample beige velour carpet
    2 - Picture of an original beige interior. (Raymond Allen car)
    3 - My NOS in the bag original carpet piece (bought from Paul Chapell) with a small carpet material sample from Tony and a small sample out of a leather sample book that I ordered from
    4 - The full Hyde of leather that I have just received
    5 - Detail picture for color match

Links to more pictures:
    Color and material matching the carpet: http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.ass...1STarga241973#
    The Raymond Allen reference: http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.ass...eRaymondAllen#
    My current project: http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.ass...1STarga241973#
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Tony has carpet material left for only 2 more carpet sets.
    So if you are in doubt, decide now, not sure if there is a next batch and if the color matches.
    Rgruppe #674

How much does Tony charge for a complete tan velour carpet set?
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

Shaun,
    e-mailed you about the price.
    I don't like putting Tony's prices on this board, so if anyone else want's to know, e-mail me.
    I add 130$ - $150 on top op Tony's price for the leather bindings, depending if you want an extra set of floor mats.
    Alex
    Rgruppe #674

Just received my carpet set from Tony.
    Wow!
    He really did a great job on this, It's really great.
    Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rgruppe #674

member #1515
    I've got #830. Do you know what date your car was manufactured?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    I've got #830. Do you know what date your car was manufactured?
    Since it was the last batch of cars mine was in, it must have been straight before the summer break.
    The date I got from Porsche was 01.07.73, but they state it as delivery date in Los Angeles. (but I believe that must have been the production date)
    Since it does not have the sticker with production month in the door well< I'm not able to verify it.

Alex
    Rgruppe #674

Quote Originally Posted by 911_2.2T View Post
    I'm trying to get the correct Brown colored carpet set into my 1973 911S.
    I've seen some posts of people here looking for the that same carpet, not having succes with their search.Tony (Autobahn) has the correct material for the carpet, but uses Tan colored vinyl for the binding/edges of the carpet.
    I wanted to get it a little closer to the original liver colored binding that Porsche used. To do that I've sources a full hyde of leather with the corect color and I'm shipping half of that to Tony to build me a carpet set.
    If there are more people interested in this, I can ship a full Hyde to do several sets. I guess 4 to 5 sets can be done with it, but I'll check that with Tony if there is interest. (probably around $100 - $125 per carpet set extra costs for this)
    Anyone interested in this can contact me thru e-mail or PM.

Pictures added:
    1 - The Porsche fabrics sample beige velour carpet
    2 - Picture of an original beige interior. (Raymond Allen car)
    3 - My NOS in the bag original carpet piece (bought from Paul Chapell) with a small carpet material sample from Tony and a small sample out of a leather sample book that I ordered from
    4 - The full Hyde of leather that I have just received
    5 - Detail picture for color match
    Hi 911_2.2T, I need to get a complete carpet set for my '73 S in the exact same brown as you. I've been in touch with Tony Garcia and he can supply the carpet but not the correct colour binding for the edges. He said if I send him a hide he can make a set up. I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your hide from?
    Best regards, Ed
    Current:
    '73 S coupe LHD #1113 Ivory White, very original (currently for sale here: http://bit.ly/1C3JUJF)
    '73 S coupe LHD #1078 Sepia Brown, fully restored (also for sale, here: http://bit.ly/1vLRHUK)
    Previous:
    '73 S Coupe RHD, Reg. "HMY 7K", Light Yellow (sold 1995)

My original carpets on my 73S have vinyl binding. To get the proper color in vinyl is easy. Send a swatch, 1" sq, to Color Plus for a dye match. Then send to Autobahn to dye before install. Or, do it yourself after install. If you do it after, the thread gets the dye but no big deal. I have done this on several restorations with great results and a perfect match in the original material.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    My original carpets on my 73S have vinyl binding. To get the proper color in vinyl is easy. Send a swatch, 1" sq, to Color Plus for a dye match. Then send to Autobahn to dye before install. Or, do it yourself after install. If you do it after, the thread gets the dye but no big deal. I have done this on several restorations with great results and a perfect match in the original material.
    Sounds like great advice - thanks Steve. I just had a good look at Color Plus's website. Unfortunately however I don't actually have a sample to send them, as the original carpet was removed from my car by a previous owner and thrown away. I'll have to try to find someone who can let me have (or lend me) a piece of their original (or accurately reproduced) carpet.
    Current:
    '73 S coupe LHD #1113 Ivory White, very original (currently for sale here: http://bit.ly/1C3JUJF)
    '73 S coupe LHD #1078 Sepia Brown, fully restored (also for sale, here: http://bit.ly/1vLRHUK)
    Previous:
    '73 S Coupe RHD, Reg. "HMY 7K", Light Yellow (sold 1995)