Thread: price check: interesting accessory antenna

price check: interesting accessory antenna

I have a Hirschmann antenna that I have never seen before. It is still factory sealed so I am reluctant to take the cover off and see what it is all about. I assume the red wire activates a motor to extend sections of the antenna but not sure since I have never seen one of these before, and there is probably a Hirschmann expert out there somewhere that can tell us. Is it possible it is manual extension and the electric portion is some sort of booster? Any idea what it is worth?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration
    911, 912, 911R, RS, RSR, IROC

Cole-
    Looks like the electronic manual antenna that was around in the 80's (?) The mast is manual/retractable, about 10" if remember correctly. Yes- the red lead turns on the amplifier section. Looks as though yours is missing the mast- I believe the small nut on top is to release just the mast when it's installed. They were expensive ($250 +/-?)

antenna

Well, so far you are the closest thing to a Hirschmann expert, so I'll defer to that explanation! I am not sure of the era of this part but it was installed on a '72 911 in the mid 70's. As for the nut, it has the patented mast with the little key required to raise it, hard to see since the nut isn't screwed down on the shaft very far. Not sure why you would need the key for an electric antenna, but whatever. Reminds me of my buddy in high school that had a trailer hitch mounted to the front of his MG, now that's facing reality!
    I'd love to find someone with this antenna in their accessories manual...
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration

$150 shipped

$150 seems fair for a rare accessory, shipped to US address.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cole Scrogham
    Porsche Restoration

These were sold by hirschmann dealers in the 80's. There was the version you pictured here and a black plastic rectangular base with fold down short black shaft too. Both worked the same. power and ground for the electronic signal amplification and manual setting of the shaft position.

The only way these would have found themselves on a dealer delivery porsche would have been an add on request by the client.

Neat period accessory
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR