Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump for my 69T

Fuel Pump for my 69T

Hi All - well I think the time has come for me to get a new fuel pump. My car has stalled a few times and I'm sure its the fuel pump. It's working intermittently.

My question is since they don't make the originals anymore what are my choices? I've read that there is a japanese brand some of us are using but I'd prefer something more period correct. Is there a rebuild kit for the original pump? Any NOS still out there?

Thanks in advance.

69T should be the Hardi fuel pump.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...pg3.htm#item13

I'm sure someone could rebuild it but i have no leads sorry.

Hope that helps Tony.

fuel pump

i have seen a tread here or on the bird board

the guy has modify the old fuel pump to be flow through and installed an other fuel pump close to the tank, hidden in a corner

thins way he has the reliability of the newer pump, and the look of the original pump

there was even description of the mods done to the original pump

freez
    now on the road 914-6
    now in the shop for concourse resto 11850275 S SWT
    daily driver B8 S4 stage 2

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know of a fuel pump rebuilder? I'll probably buy a new pump and have my original refurbished then have the new pump as a spare.

Update

Look like I jump the gun about the fuel pump. It might be the Bosch CD box now. Will probably rebuild mine or does everyone go with the MSD box?

Cheers!

Fuel Pump for my 69T

I would retain the Bosch CD system, you can send to Systems Consulting for rebuild. systemsc@systemsc.com
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Edmayo - Have you used them before? Their turnaround is about two days so might be worth just having the original rebuilt instead and have the car sit for a few days.

Does anyone have the contact info. for the fuel pump modifier or the link to the discussion about how to modify an early (Bendix) fuel pump for flow-through that freezing14 mentions?

thanks!
    - Neil
    '67 911S (Ol' Ivory)
    '82 Hewlett Packard 34C
    Early 911S Registry # 512

Fuel Pump for my 69T

Yes EA 911, we've used them and been completely satisfied with their work.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks. I talked with them today and they will test it for me before working on it.

Cheers and happy new year!!!