Thread: WTB, sport seat bases, 69 to 73

WTB, sport seat bases, 69 to 73

Well,

I can use a pair of 69 to 73 sport seat bases...

Tks,
    Eric
    elinden@earthlink.net

Still need a pair of sport seat bases,

OR, I'll buy a passenger side only.

OR, I'll swap a driver's side for a passenger side.

THANKS!!!

Eric
    elinden@earthlink.net

No interest or connection

but I have learnt so much on this forum not to give something back every now and then.

I have looked for sport seat bases for years and they are nearly unobtanium (another word learnt here). These are both reproductions, on the other side of the pond, but by far the closest ones to the real thing.

On ebay.de, Germany http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_1591wt_941
    and DDK, UK,
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27870

Regards from rainy Rome.

Giaz
    Giaz
    Life is hard without a Porsche

sport seat base

Hi Sithot-- These reproduction bases; are they a one off creation or is there a on going business someone has selling these bases? Could you please tell me the source for yours as all I need is one track slider. Thanks Chris Early S Reg. 205

Quote Originally Posted by giaz View Post
    As far as I know, this company (Carpoint) reproducing a lot of early Porsche Items. But these pictures are to small to determine if they are a good match to the original. If you look at the pictures closely, it looks like the frame in the middle big bridge piece is cut to make the bending possible, which is not the way it should be. Also, the pictures are without tracks... I wonder why, but I think I know.....because those are hard to reproduce. So they probably use a different track than the original. (and probably black) I suppose they have had a batch made and the advertised price is 600 euro's per seat base. Do the math on that........

Quote Originally Posted by giaz View Post
    Now these are really interesting.......They are mine
    This is actually the outcome of a 2 year process of adjusting and a lot of trips and phone calls to a retired welder that worked at a black smith very now and then. He was willing to take the project on to make me 2 sets based upon a set of originals, because I needed them for my own sports seats.
    He (and his boss) regret it they ever took on the job and still curse me......
    Its really a had job to reproduce these things and the amount of work does not cover the costs of buying a used set and restore them. However good a job you do in reproducing, it will never be an original, hence less value, and if you know where to look, you will see it. (Even with my 99% copy)

The seat bases are currently at two friends of mine that are test fitting these in their 911's. I've decided to hand them over to them at cost price, which was around 600 euro's a set, after dealing with some issues the welder did not fix and for which I did not have to pay him. He just wanted to get rid of this project and never see my face again. (And I don't want to go through the headache again building a repro set....so don't expect more to come)

As for duplication of the Sliders...... and I know a lot of you are looking for these:
    The quick fix is to use a set of standard seat sliders used on the 1969-1973 regular seat, also made by recaro, they have the same size and form. (and have probably been used as an example on the prototype sport seat bases)
    Drill out the lock pin that is riveted in the top part of the slider set and slide out the bottom part of the slider set. Use this to replace you missing slider as the basic spare part to work on.

You can simply grind in the slots needed for the locking mechanism. In order to get them at the right height, you need a rectangular plate across the entire bottom part of the slider with 2 holes on both sides and the same thickness as the original slotted curved plate that is on the original slider. (but these are easy to cut)

If you have lost the entire slider set, you can also use the top part, but you'll have to drill in new holes, because it’s not a direct fit.

For those of you that are looking for a pretty accurate copy of the sport seat base, Deser is the company to go to. (http://www.deser.it/) Their bases are not far off the original, but off course have the 'wrong' slider mechanism and there fore have a little more upwards seat position (not suitable for the taller people)They have a great copy of the sport seats also, with correct hinge and all. (Although the website still has the ‘old’ version advertised – see my pics of what they sell now, sorry for the bad lighting, that's all I have)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

seat slider

Hi Tom-- Thanks for responding-- What I need exactly is the bottom half of the passinger side Recaro sport rails, both sides of the seat. I know about converting the standard seat rails but still want to find the orignals. Thanks Chris Early S Reg 205

execmalibu has bases currently advertised for sale here: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=31983

Cheers
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076