Putting a general question out there which I pretty much know the obvious answer to, but want to get input from those who have experienced problems or not. I have been undergoing a long painstaking restoration of a 1968 E-type OTS, body is done, engine and trans rebuilt, and all of the mechanical bits sourced NOS, and all the chrome replated. While this has taken me 15 years to date, I have completely restored about 10 cars including a 1971 911S during that time. The reason I have taken so much time is in part that I have been maticulious in the resto, rejecting anything that is not OEM and redoing or sourcing the right parts. But the main reason is that normally, when I complete a project, I tend to lose interest when there is nothing left to do. Project car ADD I guess. But with 18 cars in the stable, I'm out of room and this may be my last project (like if that is even possible lol). But the Jag XKE was "that car" at the age of 8 which afflicted me with with this deadly obsseion with cars. And my obssesion is severe, it makes heroin addiction seem like a mild case of yearing for something salty.

But back to my question, I am going through the remaining resto with the same exacting standards, component by component, bolt by bolt. I have just Cad plated the booster and bits, relined all the masters and slaves with brass, and obtained all the rebuilding kits. Given the long laspes of time, I am hesitating to assembly the brake components for fear of the rubbers taking a set before that will be used which may still be a couple of years off. But what happens to new built masters on the shelf? Is there an oil that will preserve the rubbers? Leaving them unassembled would be the most conservative route, but anyone have any experience with this? Thanks Allan