Thread: Wear or trauma...

Wear or trauma...

After my 66 911 was rear ended the transmission was damaged, the first gear set was chipped badl (teeth). The car was driven maybe 250 additional kilometers after accident.
    The mechanic and insurance are fighting over the area in question being just normal wear,.... or if it is indeed damage caused by broken material floating around inside the 901.

Would love any input and opinions of and about my pinions..(sorry could not resist).
    ed arrow indicates damage according to mechanic and "normal wear" of a nearly 45 yr old transmission, according to appraiser.

Cheers
    Peter
    www.appliedartstudios.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

sweet talk first > I am a life long client and we are only talking about x$'s. Maybe get your local agent office to help if you have one.

If they push back they have an army of lawyers to push you around and its tough to get anywhere.

Last ditch effort name some executive at the co. and sue them personally in small claims court. maybe they will get involved and get you paid to make you go away. then get a new ins. co.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Difficult to tell from the pics but looks like damage from foreign material impact to me. Doesn't appear to be normal wear but I would seek an opinion from a diff or trans professional or maybe even an engineer's report. Keep in mind that it could be difficult/impossible to prove when the impact damage happened. Plenty of reference books available for failure analysis with pics as well to help your arguement.
    Jeff Eelkema
    69E (project)
    S Reg #1431
    Aust TYP 901 #132