Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Lit Show Friday kickoff

LA Lit Show Friday kickoff

The LA Lit Show weekend will soon be here.

Like last year, many of us will be starting Friday in OC and working our way North to the various open houses, John Willhoits, etc., until we end up at the lobby bar of the Hilton Friday night.

First up, Autokennel: They will open doors at 11:30am on Friday, March 5th. They will be open for the rest of the afternoon in case there are any stragglers.

This will just be a fun event to eat and hang out., see the cars and friends

They will provide Pizza, Beer, and other beverages and food.

Also, this year, Nick Reed (who owns the building and Veloce Gruppe) will have all the shops open up so there will be plenty of interesting things to see.

Address is:

AutoKennel/Velocce Gruppe
    1974 Charle Street
    Costa Mesa, CA 92627

There is an alley down the side of the building. An electric gate will be open for people to pull inside and park their cars. Also, we have a map of our location at www.AutoKennel.com under the "contact us" page.

If anyone has questions, please have them contact Paul K directly.

Email: paul@autokennel.com

Hope to see everyone there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

If you think you might drop by, please email me so I make sure to get enough food and drink.

Thanks.

Paul
    714-335-4911
    paul@autokennel.com

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Any metro NYC folks going out West? I will be there. Trying to round up and get some Northeast /East Coast folks together for drinks and chat(we had a tough Winter). Looking forward for the Porsche weekend and the 'In & Out Burger.

-
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Ray,

Other than the open house at Paul's place, are there any other open house type events planned? I am flying in Thursday night, but have to come back on the red-eye Saturday night. Any driving Saturday afternoon? (remember Malibu five or six years ago?)

See you Friday night at the Hilton bar of not before.

Steven
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Quote Originally Posted by steven0401 View Post
    Ray,
    Other than the open house at Paul's place, are there any other open house type events planned? I am flying in Thursday night, but have to come back on the red-eye Saturday night. Any driving Saturday afternoon? (remember Malibu five or six years ago?)
    Hi Steven, I have not heard of any drives planned on Saturday after the Lit Show..not sure if I went to Malibu, probably to lunch instead

As for Friday/Saturday events: You (anyone, everyone) are invited to join me for all, or parts of:

Friday, I am starting at AutoKennel, 11:30 sharp.

However, if you are a Early Riser and will be in OC before 11:30, 2 suggestions.

Family Classic Cars, opens at 9 am. Approx. 20-30 minutes south of AutoKennel in San Juan Capistrano
    http://www.familyclassiccars.com/

Crevier Classic Cars. They open at 9 also. Right next door to John Wayne Airport
    http://www.crevierclassiccars.com/

Both places have cool cars in cool buildings.

After AutoKennel, driving north to Huntington Beach to BBI AutoSport.
    They specialize in newer Porsches, suspension, exhaust and motors.
    One of their 911's just did 200 mph in the Texas Mile.

The owners worked for Porsche teams at Le Mans, PCNA, etc. Now they are in HB prepping cars for street and track.
    If you have not heard of them, YOU WILL
    http://bbiautosport.com/

After BBI, John Willhoits..then the lobby bar of the Hilton..

Saturday: After checking out of the Hilton, before European Collectibles, we are going to lunch in Newport Beach at Fashion Island mall. Same place as last year. Canaletto
    http://www.ilfornaio.com/?page=138&restaurant_id=10027

On the patio, arrive between 1-2, whenever you want. Get there early, walk around the mall...lots of sights.

Leaving canaletto approx. 3:30ish for EC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Quote Originally Posted by Varooom View Post
    Any metro NYC folks going out West? I will be there. Trying to round up and get some Northeast /East Coast folks together for drinks and chat(we had a tough Winter). Looking forward for the Porsche weekend and the 'In & Out Burger.

-
    I will be heading out from Phillyto experience the event. Hopefully I will see many of the cars that I have only experienced through the net.
    Will be my inaugural drive of my 69S prepared by the gentlemen from TLG.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I am picking up my car from Dave and will make it to OC to the Kennel first, probably. Fly in Thursday night, pick up car early Friday, pick up mystery guest at LAX and drive down to Paul's.

Hayden in flying down Saturday morning and we are driving out to Brea to meet up with a fellow Peking to Paris entrant to discuss preparations and tactics. I fly back to the East Coast Saturday afternoon, Hayden back to SF just later.

Ray, Are you going to Classic LeMans this year?
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Luke doesn't know it yet, but we're going to be going down to The Kennel on Friday - if he's here in time - otherwise we'll catch up with everyone at BBI or Wilhoit's.

I'm playing hookie from work...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by steven0401 View Post
    , pick up mystery guest at LAX and drive down to Paul's.

Ray, Are you going to Classic LeMans this year?

Mystery Guest??? What is this, What's My Line? I'll play, Man, Woman, or Beast??
    Last year your mystery guest was the Beast...the yellow Rally car, Very Cool

Not going to Classic Le Mans...Le Mans and Classic Le Mans have been crossed off my bucket list.

However, I am seriously thinking of spending my tax refund on this...

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/conte...l/Default.aspx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Something else to add to your bucket list: The six day Tom Tom GPS rally over some of the most historic rally routes ENDING at Classic Le Mans!

It ALWAYS rains in the UK!

Mystery guest hasn't absolutely confirmed. If he shows, he shows.

The yellow rally car is about to get on a boat back to the US. May be back for Treffen.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340