Thread: WTB: 110 litre tank filler cap

WTB: 110 litre tank filler cap

Hi, I'm after a 110 litre tank filler cap with the lightweight 5 hole 'handle'.
    There used to be a supply of these around, but anyone have one for sale now?

cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Mike,

the photo you show is of a Blau 100mm polished stainless steel cap with what looks like a Martin Baker made aluminum "handle". Baker is a local lad ( Sacramento actually) but to the best of my knowledge no longer makes and furnishes these articles.

I was however fortunate in running acrosss another source for these caps at German Auto Fest last year. There is a specialty shop in the L.A. area, KUNDENSPORT which had the 917 chassis, Ser,#017 displayed, as shown in the Winter Issue of "The ESSES" page 12, and they can furnish these caps if no one else jumps up and offers you one of theirs.

Kundensport
    3968 Camino Ranchero Rd.
    Camarillo, CA 93012
    Tel: 805. 445. 9146
    e-mail: Kundensport@live.com

It helps to speak German, since one of the principals is the son of the famous Hans Lapine, the Porsche ex-Chief of Styling.

Another alternative is GT Werks, who are always at the L.A. Lit show in LA in March. They sell these as a standard catalogue item, but they're pricey: gtwerk.com

Don't forget the ESSEN show, ( April 7-10, '10) where you will surely find several vendors offering these.

Good Luck

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

filler cap

thanks for bringing us up as a source for parts.
    yes we do have filler caps, necks and more. we have a limited supply of the aluminum caps (only to be sold for period race cars since they are very rare) and steel ones. i have two that are already spoken for. next month i will fabricate another run. you have a choice of 4 and 5 holes in the fin. both version were used by the factory.

you can see the aluminum cap that is being used on a 917K steel caps below. we dull the surface to match the aluminum look as you can see on the 914-6GT pics. the one you see in the cabinet still needs to be dulled.

call us with your needs, ask for Ed Palmer or me,

regards
    Hans Lapine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Hans ,
    i am looking for a similar item , i need cap and neck to suit a 72 ST build but as per photo to suit edge location on tank ( a bit rsr like ) and below hood line . i will still be cutting the hood to suit ( again as per photo )

what can you advise ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

John,

great project. we have done a few ST builds lately. i saw your post in regards to german weave. i can help you with that as well. lets move to email.
    kundensport@live.com

regards, Hans

Thanks for the info John, will email Hans at Kundensport in the first instance.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294