I have a 1970 911T, that has seen better days, this is a project car which will take at least a year to complete, depending on limited time to work on.

My first plan of action is to get the suspension set-up properly as it is currently very tired.

It will in time receive a 2.8 or 3.0 motor from one of the reputable builders and contributors on this board (this is where I would prefer to spend the bulk of the money, but certainly don't want to scrimp on safety issues like proper braking?

So while I tackle and the suspension the brakes come into play. It is a T, so the question;

Should the stock brakes simply be rebuilt/restored and then concentrate on the various bits of suspension?

or

Should I just upgrade to the 3.5" spacer strut and look at purchasing either

1. 911 S Brakes estimate cost of around $2000

2. TRE Motorsports Boxter brake kit which can run around $3500

3. Zufenhausen 930 Brake kit which can run around $4500

With the anticipated power for this car, what would be the safest way to proceed.

The car will seldom see track time but will mostly be enjoyed on the street. So I don't anticipate a great amount of heat and fade issue but this could come into play.

I have not been able to talk myself into a bid dollar brake upgrade. Hoping to get some insight whether the stock brakes should be sufficient to do the job they were intended to do, stop the car when asked.