Thread: Help Identifying Seat and Carpet Color / Type

Help Identifying Seat and Carpet Color / Type

I'm at the back end of my 69T restoration and ready for interior. Can anyone tell me what color the seat and carpet pictured is as well as what type carpet this is. Also I'm looking for a source for the carpet that is as close as possible to the original and possibly seat new skins.

Thanks - Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    69 911S Crystal Blue
    69 911T Coffee Brown
    74 IROC Interpetation

That looks like the tan perlon carpeting, which was only in Ts and Es. Ss came with the velour. Many, maybe most, Ts and Es came with the velour as part of a package that included, I think, the S outside trim and instruments. I think that you can find photos of the color reference books (dealer parts and sales literature) on this board, if you search patiently.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

This color is not tan. It is from the factory but must be a special order. Has anyone ever seen this before and know the name of the color? Even better would be a source for carpet and vinyl. Autobahn and Autos International do not have a match. Hoping to find the original rather than go with something close.

Thanks - Chris
    69 911S Crystal Blue
    69 911T Coffee Brown
    74 IROC Interpetation

carpet

definitely is perlon and its tan,, not special order , surprisingly the tan carpet can get either darker or lighter with age

on my 914-6 , i removed the heel pad and found unexposed carpet and it was lighter , on my 68 S the unexposed is darker, i would like to compare the color with a carpet book
    now on the road 914-6
    now in the shop for concourse resto 11850275 S SWT
    daily driver B8 S4 stage 2

Good Luck. It is my understanding that only gray is available in Perlon. All the other colors in Perlon are not made anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by freezing14 View Post
    definitely is perlon and its tan,, not special order , surprisingly the tan carpet can get either darker or lighter with age

on my 914-6 , i removed the heel pad and found unexposed carpet and it was lighter , on my 68 S the unexposed is darker, i would like to compare the color with a carpet book
    It is Perlon. It is factory. It is not Tan.

I don't have both carpets to show you but here is a tan door panel on top of my "cinnamon" panel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    69 911S Crystal Blue
    69 911T Coffee Brown
    74 IROC Interpetation